There’s A Lake Hiding In A North Carolina Forest Where You Can Camp Year-Round
Give me a lake and a place to pitch my tent and I’ll be there. There’s something about camping next to water that makes the experience extra soothing and relaxing. If you’re in search of a year-round lakeside camping spot, this one found in the middle of the Uwharrie National Forest is definitely one to check out. Badin Lake Campground, managed by the U.S. Forest Service is one of the best year-round lake campgrounds in North Carolina. Let’s explore this small, intimate campground where tons of adventure await.e.
Check out this great video of the Badin Lake Campground that was shot by YouTuber Trey Ethridge. It’s truly one of the best lake campgrounds in North Carolina.
If you love year-round camping in North Carolina – especially by a beautiful lake – and don’t mind spending a few days on the rustic side, then Badin Lake Campground just may be for you! Check it out and even make a reservation at the Badin Lake Campground..
While you’re here, take a short 45-minute drive to the west to visit the world’s largest natural habitat zoo!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
CAMPGROUNDS IN NORTH CAROLINA & RELATED INFO
What are some more campgrounds near Badin Lake in North Carolina?
While Badin Lake Campground is a great place to camp, here are some more campgrounds near Badin Lake in North Carolina that are perfect for a weekend trip:
- Morrow Mountain State Park Campground, Albemarle
- Whip-O-Will Campground, New London
- Hobo Corner, New London
- Deep Water Trail Camp, Badin
- Uwharrie National Forest Hunt Camp Campgrounds, Troy
- Lake Tillery Family Campground, Mt Gilead
- Art Lilley Campground, Troy
- Cane Creek Campground & RV Park, Snow Camp
- Yates Place Campground, Troy
- Norwood Campground, Norwood
For more incredible camping experiences, be sure to read this previous article with some more campgrounds in North Carolina.
What are the best lake campgrounds in North Carolina?
Similar to Badin Lake Campground, waterfront campsites are great for family friendly outdoor activities. Here are some of the best lake campgrounds in North Carolina:
- Kerr Lake State Recreation Area, Henderson
- Orchard Lake Campground, Saluda
- Kimball Point Campground, Manson
- High Rock Marina and Campground, Lexington
- Twin Lakes Campground, Chocowinity
- John H. Moss Lake Recreation Park, Shelby
- Poplar Point Campground, Apex
- Tucker Lake RV Campground And Storage, Benson
- Lake Gaston RV Campground, Littleton
- Lake Powhatan Recreation Area & Campground, Asheville
Read more about Poplar Point Campground, one of the best lake campgrounds in North Carolina.
What are the best state parks in North Carolina?
The Ol' North State has 35 state parks, but these are 10 of the best state parks in North Carolina that are a must-visit:
- South Mountains State Park, Connelly Springs
- Mount Mitchell State Park, Burnsville
- Jockey's Ridge State Park, Nags Head
- Chimney Rock State Park, Chimney Rock
- Hanging Rock State Park, Danbury
- Lake James State Park, Nebo
- Raven Rock State Park, Lillington
- Hammocks Beach State Park, Swansboro
- Pilot Mountain State Park, Pinnacle
- Stone Mountain State Park, Roaring Gap
Be sure to check out this previous article highlighting more of the best state parks in North Carolina.