Each state is home to its own unique array of diversity and lifestyle. Here in NC, though, we know we have it the best. Nothing really beats North Carolina, and we know everything is finer in Carolina….
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. The Blue Ridge Mountains
Beautiful, blue, airy, breathtaking, there is nothing like the Blue Ridge Mountains, especially in the fall.
2. The Outer Banks
Miles of breathtaking coastlines adorn the shores of North Carolina.
3. Beach roamin' ponies
Speaking of the Outer Banks, gorgeous, wild Spanish mustangs survived years on the harsh landscape. Slowly adjusting their home and lifestyle to the North Carolina coast.
4. Ten gorgeous, unique lighthouses
North Carolina lighthouses make for some frame worthy photos. Dependable, sustainable, and beautiful, we are lucky to have these historic landmarks on our coast.
5. Sun Drop soda fresher than the rest.
Sure, Sun Drop is served in several states, but we know it's freshest here in North Carolina. Strange, but true, it just tastes better here.
6. Hot dog or burger 'all the way.'
Try and order a burger with chili, cheese, mustard, and slaw in any other state...you're sure to get strange looks. Here, it's a delicacy.
7. Speaking of food, how about two different types of barbecue.
Tomato or vinegar based. It's up to your discretion, and location in the state, on which type of delicious BBQ you want to indulge in.
8. Staying with the food trend, how about a Krispy Kreme dounught filled with Cheerwine.
We did invent both.
9. The greatest college basketball rivalry in all the land
10. Sweet tea round the clock.
Sure, you can get it in other states, but it's the best here.
11. The best late night munchies plus a delectable milkshake.
Sure, Cookout might be in South Carolina now...but it's always been a North Carolina thing.
12. The original missing persons case, the originator of mystery, folklore, and urban legends.
The Lost Colony, the greatest and most historic mystery of all time, took place here on the NC coast.
Long deceased, Edward Teach, AKA infamous pirate Blackbeard, loved NC so much he made it his home...forever.
14. Decent musical talent you'd share with friends and family
What can we say, we invented banjo pickin' and the rest is history.
15. Copious amounts of history
From Native Americans, to the first settlers, to the Civil War...North Carolina history is one of the longest stories still being told.
16. The largest, privately owned estate in America.
Now open to the public and a tourist attraction drawing in over 1 million visitors a year, The Biltmore Estate, located outside of Asheville, has been named "America's Castle."
17. A unique artist colony that attracts, and produces, some of the best sculptors in the world.
Seagrove, NC, rests unassumingly along winding country roads. Beyond the overgrown oaks are some of the most talented potters and sculptors in the nation. The Smithsonian Museum features work from Seagrove artists.
18. Foothills, Wicked Weed, Duck Rabbit, Triple C, OMB, NoDa, Highland, etc....
North Carolina is one of the top craft beer producers in the nation. With the scene only growing, we can believe the best beer days are yet to come, although they are already pretty awesome.
19. Pig pickins'
You mean, your state doesn't gather around to roast a whole hog? I'm sorry.
20. North Carolinians
C'mon and raise up! Where else can you meet cultured, cool, southern, hospitable, down to earth people?