You Could Easily Spend All Weekend At This Enormous North Carolina Flea Market
Flea markets can be a lot of fun when it comes to the hunt of finding something you’re looking for or even when you don’t have something specific in mind but stumble upon a hidden treasure. And with more than six buildings full of more than 1,000 vendors, the Raleigh Flea Market in Raleigh gives you plenty to look through! Let’s take a look at this amazing flea market in North Carolina.
Have you been to the Raleigh Flea Market in Raleigh? What’s your favorite North Carolina Flea Market? We’d love to hear all about it.
If you’re more of a foodie than a shopper, you’ll fall in love this incredible marketplace.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Best Shops and Markets in North Carolina
What are the best thrift stores in North Carolina?
The best thrift stores in North Carolina include:
- Habitat Restore in Charlotte. This place is a favorite with local students and young professionals who seek out affordable home goods.
- Patterson’s Mill Country Store in Chapel Hill. This store has been operating since 1973 and has a wide selection of antique relics and artifacts.
- Baker Street in Wilmington. This is a thrift store and an antique shop that also sells a charming collection of curiosities and new items.
- ReTails. The proceeds this store earns go toward saving animals at local shelters from being euthanized.
Find out more about the best thrift stores in North Carolina.
What are the best farmer’s markets in North Carolina?
The best farmer’s markets in North Carolina include:
- Charlotte Regional Farmer’s Market. This is one of the largest farmer’s markets in the state and has scrumptious local produce, meat, and dairy.
- NoDa Farmer’s Market. This farmers market has flowers, fresh produce, and a nice selection of local artisan items.
- Cotswold Farmer’s Market. This is not simply a market but a local community place where locals get together to shop, mingle, and enjoy live music.
- King’s Drive Farmer’s Market. The smaller size of this market doesn’t affect the quality. The produce is some of the freshest you’ll encounter in the state.
Learn more about the best farmer’s markets in North Carolina.
What are the most charming general stores in North Carolina?
The most charming general stores in North Carolina include:
- Rockford General Store in Dobson. This general store has been operating since 1890 and has rustic, creaky wooden floors and an old-fashioned look.
- Priddy’s General Store in Danbury. This shop was built in 1888 and is a favorite with locals with penny candy, housewares, and live bluegrass music from time to time.
- Washburn’s General Store in Bostic. This is the longest continually operating family business in the state and was started in 1831.
- Saxapahaw General Store. This place calls itself a “five-star gas station” and it has a cafe that serves dishes with local ingredients in addition to the store’s household items.
Discover more about the most charming general stores in North Carolina.