North Carolina January 02, 2017
The 11 Most Colorful Places In North Carolina Will Captivate You
While we realize the beauty of our state, sometimes we don’t realize just how colorful that beauty is. From deep reds and orange hues during fall, turquoise waters and white sand on the Crystal Coast, to even a long drive through the country. One aspect that makes North Carolina so beautiful is JUST how colorful it can be. Here are the 11 most colorful places in North Carolina you’ll want to checkout in 2017.
1. Nothing beats the abundant colors you'll find off the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall. No wonder it's one of the top destinations in the state!
2. During late spring, rhododendron blooms take over the already enchanting landscape of Craggy Gardens in colors of pink and orange.
3. Wild horses, sandy shores, blue water, and black and white at Cape Lookout. The earthy tones found here are simply charming, while Cape Lookout lighthouse adds eye-catching aesthetic to the natural landscape.
4. A snowy morning in the mountain. Pillowy white ground, frosted trees, and pastel skies...one of my favorite views.
5. Shrimp boats add manmade color and coastal flair to the scenic, nautical landscape of Oriental.
5. The vast farmland of eastern NC is filled with vivid and bright green and blue hues during the days, fields of wheat amidst clear skies, and abundant colors come sunset or sunrise. Not to mention - counting every star in the sky at night.
6. In the spring, Sarah P Duke Gardens comes to life with every color, flower, and plant bursting in bright shades. It's like walking through a rainbow!
7. Turquoise water, sandy shores, rosy red skin from being in the sun, and wild horses...the colors found at Shackleford Banks are beyond beachy.
8. Jockey's Ridge, the tallest active sand dune on the east coast, gives off immense desert vibes while being just steps from the ocean.
9. While Lake Mattamuskeet doesn't overwhelm you with colors, that's one of the beauties of it - the simplicity. The vast blue water and blue sky, the natural sandy hues, the earthy browns of trees. It's simplicity at its finest.
10. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, in NC we get the best of both worlds. Like a surreal, colorful sunrise at Holden Beach.
11. And a dreamy sunset over the Blue Ridge. This has to be my favorite color combination!
Wow, North Carolina sure is a colorful place! Any other destinations you would add to the list?
For more ways to experience beauty in 2017, how about
these seven North Carolina road trips?