North Carolina March 22, 2015
27 Ways March Madness Is Driving Us All Completely And Utterly Mad
Ah, tis the season for screaming fits of rage, joyous yells of victory, and hundreds of dollars in the hands of fate. March Madness has a particular affect on the whole country. But, where I especially note it, and have watched its presence overtake each man, woman, and child, well, North Carolina of course. Here are twenty seven ways March madness might be driving you mad.
27. Your bracket is slowly turning into your child
You check it at least fifty times a day. Its starting to become a love-hate relationship...REAL QUICK.
26. The non-sports guy in the office has a bracket that is not in shambles.
Maybe next year I'll just make one with my eyes closed.
25. Your friends are becoming your enemies.
Because at the end of the day, whoever wins the most money on their bracket has bragging rights until 2016.
24. You find yourself rooting for teams you hate.
Because I'm all about that bracket, bout that bracket.
23. You've considered renting at least two more TV's because...
22. Your favorite, quiet dive bar has now reached capacity with intoxicated, passionate fans.
21. Meaning...you've been forced to explain basketball to non-sports people who suddenly care.
Like, where have you been the other ten months of the year?
20. A romantic date night turns into screaming at the TV.
And screaming so passionately you're pretty sure they can hear your words of encouragement, or anger, through the TV.
19. And even if you don't like basketball, you're forced to watch it.
Ok...but really...why would you not?
18. You're convinced NC State is TRYING to give you a heart attack.
17. Harvard doesn't seem so shiny and prestigious anymore...
Because WE beat you!!! Speaking of we....
16. You've begun to refer to your favorite team, or any team for that matter, as WE.
WE got this, because, my fandom is an integral part of this team, WE CAN DO IT!
15. Your team won while you were wearing yellow socks...so now you're still wearing...those yellow socks.
IT WORKS OK.
14. Three-pointers become the bane of your second-half existence.
13. And each second-half feels like the apocalypse.
12. Oh...and this...
11. You remember how much you love a good underdog story.
Unless they beat your team.
10. But you wish certain teams would just remember their place.
9. All of your plans revolve around watching basketball.
Grandma's birthday is today? She'll understand....
8. You've downloaded at least EIGHT iPhone apps to keep track of the madness.
Andy Lyons / Getty Images
How did they do this before the days of iPhones?
7. You're starting to regret all that money you put down on your bracket...
And you find yourself saying...HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING??
6. So you find yourself lying in bed at night making up hypothetical excuses for why your team (may not) advance.
5. And then you wake up in the morning to remember JUST how uncertain your future feels.
4. But nothing feels better than a WIN!
Jared Wickerham / Getty Images
3. And they don't call it March MADNESS for no reason
2. Because now we're all FORCED to live in the moment, no matter how cruel, or beautiful, that moment may be.
1. You haven't felt this sense of a community in a LONG time.
Even if your favorite bar is crowded, it makes you excited, it feels wonderful. Whenever and wherever March madness hits, we're forced to have a good time, to gather and connect over some greater cause. And, thats kind of why we watch sports in the first place, right?
How is March Madness affecting your life?! Any upsets, losses, or maybe some gains? Hows your bracket doing? Share in the comments!