15 More Jaw Dropping Views Found Only In North Carolina
North Carolina is a beautiful state, there’s no denying that. Amazing views are easy to come by, and sometimes as simple as driving down the road. Yet, some views take a little work, but are totally worth it. I have already covered
25 amazing views, but how about 15 more to spice up your summer plans? Add these to your list!
1. Take it all in, salty air, calming waves, from the top of a lighthouse
Pictured above is the view from the top of Cape Lookout.
2. Snag a different view of Linville Gorge from this roadside overlook
Wiseman's view is deep in the Pisgah National Forest but you'll get a western view of Linville Gorge.
3. For the Capitol City, take Boylan Avenue Bridge for an impressive view of the skyline
This bridge is a popular destination for photographers seeking that perfect capture of the skyline.
4. There's no shortage of spectacular views, clear water, and calm surf on the 'Crystal Coast'
The 'crystal coast' refers to the southern region of the NC coastline where the water is sometimes crystal clear, warm, and always calm. This picture was captured outside Beaufort.
5. Nothing beats a Carolina sunset
Head over to Mount Jefferson Overlook to watch the sunset over Grandfather Mountain.
7. Experience truly unique scenery in North Carolina's own little 'wine country'
The Yadkin Valley and Swan Creek are home to two dozen commercial wine producers. Parts of the Yadkin Valley's scenery has been compared to the countryside of Italy.
7. Easily walk to one of the best views of the Charlotte skyline
Hawthorne Bridge is a popular location for photographers to capture the splendor of the Queen City.
8. Discover the 'best-kept secret of the Blue Ridge'
Chestoa View is a short, 1/3 mile walk from the parking area. Once there, you'll be mesmerized by a beautiful view of Linville Gorge, Table Rock, and Hawksbill Mountain.
9. Your own private beach is just a ferry ride away
Hammocks Beach State Park is one of the most untouched beaches in the state, and possibly East Coast. It is beautiful, serene, and all yours!
10. See for yourself the surreal 'Shadow of the Bear'
In early spring and late Autumn the shadow of the bear makes its dashing appearance on Whiteside Mountain.
11. Experience luxury gardens fit for a Queen
At Biltmore Estate.
12. Marvel at the highest waterfall East of the Rockies
At 411' Whitewater Falls is by far the most impressive waterfall in the Southeast and it's found right here, in our state, in the Jocassee Gorge area.
13. A riverside sunset like no other
A sunset over the Pamlico River between Bath and Belhaven has been called one of the best views in North Carolina.
14. Hike above the clouds to Mac Rae Peak
Get an amazing view of Attic Window Peak on Grandfather Mountain.
15. Get a taste of the mountains just north of the Piedmont
Pilot Mountain is the last remaining remnant of the Suaratown Mountain Chain. Today, it is a popular destination for rock climbing and hiking. It's accessible location, about 15-20 minutes outside of Winston-Salem, makes it a favored day trip.
Time to make some travel plans! Which ones have you experienced and which one is first on your list? Tell us in the comments!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.