Hike To This Unique Mountaintop Cave In North Carolina For An Adventure Like No Other
At approximately 2,200 feet tall, North Carolina’s Hibriten Mountain isn’t the tallest peak in the state, but its location at the western end of the Brushy Mountains and near the city of Lenoir makes it a prominent feature of the landscape. Known for the tower on top as well as the lights that turn on and sparkle through the holiday season, Hibriten Mountain in North Carolina is not only part of the landscape but also part of the community.
North Carolina’s many caves are fascinating to explore. Head to this cave to discover a place where a man known as “America’s Pioneer” sought shelter from time to time.
More to Explore
Amazing Attractions In North Carolina
What are the coolest day trip destinations in North Carolina?
The coolest day trip destinations in North Carolina include:
- Moore Cove Falls. This short trail leads to a 50-foot waterfall that continues to cascade down stone ledges.
- The Fairy Trail. Take this beautiful hike at Bullington Gardens where you’ll see scenes of fairy homes, tea settings, and little gardens.
- Waterfall Scenic Byway. If you want a really scenic drive, especially during autumn, this 98-mile byway has gorgeous views.
- McGalliard Falls. Located near Valdese, this is the ideal place to go swimming at the bottom of a waterfall.
Learn more about the coolest day trip destinations in North Carolina.
What are the best farmer’s markets in North Carolina?
The best farmer’s markets in North Carolina include:
- Charlotte Regional Farmer’s Market. This is one of the biggest farmer’s markets in the state and has fresh local produce, meat, and dairy.
- NoDa Farmer’s Market. This community market has flowers, fresh fruits and vegetables, and various local artisan goods.
- Cotswold Farmer’s Market. This is not just a market but a local hangout where residents gather to shop, mingle, and enjoy live music.
- King’s Drive Farmer’s Market. This is a smaller market, but the fresh produce is some of the best you’ll find in the state.
Learn more about the best farmer’s markets in North Carolina.
What are the best nature spots in North Carolina?
The best nature spots in North Carolina include:
- Crabtree Falls. This hike leads to a 70-foot waterfall surrounded by lush, green forests.
- Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. This is one of the most vast old-growth forests in America with towering trees and a ton of stunning green nature.
- McGalliard Falls Park. There are natural rock water slides here as well as a historic, old-fashioned mill.
- Sand Dollar Island. Ride on a ferry to this little Island and collect tons of sand dollars along the scenic shores.
Learn more about the best nature spots in North Carolina.