Charlotte October 04, 2017
15 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Charlotte
Home to approximately 1 million people, Charlotte is a picturesque city that quickly emphasizes its charm to all who visit or move here. Whether you are a native Charlottean or a new transplant, you’ll fall in love as soon as you spend some time in this amazing city of ours. Most Charlotte residents have their own reasons why their hearts will always lie in the QC, and we’ve listed a few of our own that perhaps you can relate to.
1. Autumn in the QC is the most amazing time of year.
The weather is a perfect 65 to 75 degrees and the landscape looks like it could've been painted by Monet.
2. That North Carolina BBQ is sooo delicious!
Between Sauceman's, Mac's Speed Shop, or the ever famous Bar-B-Q-King, you can't pass up anything this good.
3. You can find live music almost anywhere.
There's nothing better than relaxing on a city patio to the sound of great tunes.
4. Where else can you power a trolley with your feet while enjoying cold beers from the keg?
We love riding around Charlotte on the local Trolley Pub.
5. We eat fried chicken anytime we want.
Whether it's in a biscuit, chicken and waffles, or with eggs, you can be there is fried chicken on your brunch menu.
6. There's nothing better than heading out with friends to watch the big game on Sundays.
7. That is unless you have tickets to catch the action live from Bank of America Stadium.
8. Charlotte's a great place to explore by bicycle.
And the Charlotte B Cycle makes it super easy with these bike rental stations all around the city.
9. Our city has tons of beautiful parks and walkways for the whole family to enjoy.
10. Complete with the best playground equipment your little one could ever ask for.
11. And we've been told we are one of the cleanest cities in the South!
12. Charlotte has the best local boutiques and shops.
We could spend an entire day browsing Paper Skyscraper for that perfect gift.
13. And you can't live in Charlotte without experiencing a NASCAR race.
You'll definitely get an adrenaline rush and understand why Southerners love to go racin'.
14. The months of September — November bring awesome pumpkin patches to the QC.
We love heading out to pick out the perfect pumpkin and maybe even enjoy a hayride.
15. And at Christmas time there is nothing better than skating at WBT's Holiday on Ice skating rink in Uptown Charlotte.
Skating in the glow of the city lights and sipping warm, hot chocolate reminds us that Charlotte is home sweet home no matter wherever we are.
Why do you love the Queen City? Share your stories in the comments.