North Carolina April 01, 2015
These 17 Ice Cream Shops and Creameries In North Carolina Are A Must-Try
Spring is finally upon us, meaning, summer is right around the corner. You know what always goes great with a little roadtrip? Ice cream! Here is a list of the seventeen best ice cream shops in North Carolina.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!
1. Cabarrus Creamery, Concord
Since 1923...you KNOW it's good.
2. Dolly's at the Gate, Brevard
On the side of the road after leaving Pisgah National Forest, it's a must-stop to cool off after a day of tubing.
3. Homeland Creamery, Julian
Pet some cows and grab some ice cream!
4. Spring Ridge Creamery, Ottto
Fresh from the farm milk makes for the creamiest ice cream.
5. The Parlour, Durham
Expand your ice cream palette at The Parlour.
6. OakMoon Farm and Creamery, Bakersville
Happy goats make happy ice cream...oh and added bonus, you can get some delicious fresh cheese too.
7. Brushy Mountain Smokehouse and Creamery
This nationally recognized pub serves food AND ice cream!
8. Calabash Creamery, Calabash
It wouldn't be a beach trip without an ice cream pit stop.
9. Sunni Sky's Homemade Ice Cream, Angier
With over 120 flavors of homemade ice cream...good luck choosing which one to get!
10. Spinning Spider Creamery, Marshall
Ice cream made with FRESH goat cheese straight from the backyard.
11. Old Towne Creamery, Manteo
Grab a bite to eat or just eat ice cream for breakfast...Old Towne has both!
12. Spike's Dairy Bar, Southport
Try the famous strawberry swirl soft serve...mmmm
13. Boombalatti's Homemade Ice Cream, Wilmington
With a name like Boombalatti's you know this ice cream is going to be amazing.
14. Carolina Cones, Cornelius
Grab a sweet treat after a day on Lake Norman.
15, Gnam Gnam Gelato, Greensboro
Ice cream's European cousin is served best at Gnam Gnam.
16. Jack the Dipper, Sylva and Waynesville
Home of the warm waffle cone!
17. Pike's Soda Shop, Charlotte
It wasn't a filming location for Shallow Hal for no reason. Pike's is the best ice cream you'll find in Charlotte and fills you with nostalgia just walking in the door.
Where is your favorite place in North Carolina to grab a tasty treat?