North Carolina December 12, 2015
11 Reasons Christmas Is The Absolute Best In North Carolina
There’s no place like home for the holidays…especially in North Carolina. Maybe you’re making arrangements to travel back to the Tar Heel state, or already live here and get to experience it to the fullest. Either way, Christmas here is the best for these reasons.
1. We do more than just deck the halls.
We go all out! Festivals, events, visiting Santa. Everywhere you look in North Carolina, you'll find some sort of Christmas cheer.
2. There's something for everyone.
Kids can ride the Polar Express to the 'North Pole.' Adults can experience a Colonial Christmas at Tryon Palace. Take a walking tour of Old Salem or even visit the famous 'Christmas Town USA,' in McAdenville. We don't just limit the magic of holidays to the little ones, but make sure to recreate it for everyone.
3. You can ring in the holidays like royalty or keep it old school and enjoy the decorations in your neighborhood.
to find a spectacular display of lights nearby
4. Our towns and cities go all out.
McAdenville has gained national attention but there's still abundant beauty and Christmas cheer to be found throughout the state. Check out
to see where.
5. If you have a Christmas dinner catastrophe, like in A Christmas Story, you can still get an amazing meal.
Many restaurants offer a Christmas Eve menu and popular destinations like Green Valley Grille in Greensboro have been hosting families for Christmas lunch or dinner for years.
6. You can spend Christmas by the water.
A lot of NC families head to the Outer Banks or surrounding beaches to ring in the holiday with family.
7. Or nestled in a cabin in the mountains.
Another great option!
8. You're always guaranteed to find the perfect tree.
Especially when you can drive to the mountains and pick out your own! A beloved tradition of many families.
9. It could very well be a white Christmas.
Or seventy degrees. Judging by our weather you never know. But that's the fun in it, right?
10. We go all out with Christmas dinner.
Thanksgiving has some tough competition when there's also ham and plenty of glorious, southern fixins' involed in Christmas dinner. Dreaming of Grandma's mac n cheese already.
11. Because there's no place like home...
And no place I'd rather be for the holidays!
What is your favorite thing about celebrating Christmas in North Carolina? Tell us in the comments.