North Carolina May 06, 2016
20 Undeniable Signs Summer Is Almost Here In North Carolina
As I sit here and type this with the sound of rain on the roof, a jacket on, and raincoat by the door…I’m reminded that today it is freezing cold, and earlier this week I was wearing shorts. Yep, it’s almost summer in North Carolina. Depending on your location in the state, May can bring a full bloom of summer love, or remain a mix of (all four) seasons until around June. But either way, we all feel summer creeping in, and these 20 undeniable signs are just that.
1. Amazing, magical, and loud afternoon thunderstorms have made their return. I find them quite peaceful.
2. Everything is abundantly green and bustling with life.
3. Weekend mornings now consist of a trip to the Farmers Market to buy fresh produce.
4. Or you spend your weekends tending to the garden or making your lawn look like the best one on the block.
5. You've already spotted a lightning bug or two.
6. And as the sun sets, you're greeted with the familiar accompaniment of insects in the night.
7. Sometimes the only thing that gets you through your workday is thinking about your upcoming beach trip. Those Carolina sunsets though!
8. And you're also looking forward to stopping at some fruit trucks on your way to the beach! Everyone has their favorite.
9. You or somebody you know has already made plans to go strawberry picking.
10. Nights spent on the front porch are becoming more and more frequent.
11. You already have a long list of waterfalls you want to visit and hiking trails you must take.
12. But you also have your favorites you can't wait to return to.
13. Speaking of the mountains, you simply can't wait until the mountainside is overflowing with rhododendron blossoms.
14. You absolutely can't wait to jump into your favorite swimming hole.
15. One day you're wearing shorts and a tank, the next pants, a jacket, and rain boots. Gotta love the ever-changing North Carolina weather.
16. You might or might not have a North Carolina beach sunset as your phone or computer background.
17. Everyone keeps asking you which festivals/concerts you're attending, and you're having a hard time choosing!
18. Commence patio season. You're ecstatic! There's no way you're NOT eating or drinking outside.
19. You've already had a few encounters with good ol' NC humidity. It's baaack.
20. You're counting down the days till Memorial Day, because you know after that, it's officially summer. There's nothing finer than to be in Carolina, but especially during the summer!
Cheers to summer, it’s one of my favorite seasons and especially in North Carolina! Did this list ring true for you? Anything you would add?