New York December 02, 2016
13 Reasons Why Living In New York Is The Best – And Everyone Should Move Here
It’s easy to forget how spoiled we are when it comes to living in the beautiful state of New York. Oftentimes it isn’t until we travel out of the area that we realize exactly all of the reasons why we love being able to call ourselves New Yorkers. If you’ve ever needed help convincing an out-of-town friend to move to the Northeast or just enjoy boasting about this wonderful place we live in, then take a look at these 13 reasons why we believe there’s no better place than the Empire State.
1. We're home to some of the most gorgeous state parks you'll ever lay eyes on.
2. Getting to live in New York means you'll get to experience four different worlds throughout the year.
Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer! Each season brings something magnificent tot the table, making it hard to choose our favorite one of all. From soaking up all of the sun in the summer and nuzzling underneath winter's white blanket to smelling spring's sweet flowers and crunching our way through fall's vibrant leaves, getting to enjoy all four of these seasons is something we don't take for granted in New York.
3. Our small towns offer nostalgic locations and friendly faces that will keep you coming back for more.
4. While our spectacular cities will bring you to life and show you a different side of New York.
5. It's easy to take an out of state (or even out of country) adventure when you live here in America's upper right hand corner.
Depending on where you live in New York, your out-of-state adventure will vary. Some of our residents can be in New England locations like Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Connecticut in a matter of no time. While other residents have places like New Jersey, Pennsylvania or even Canada right at their finger tips! We certainly have enough in our state to keep us busy, but it's always fun to take an adventure somewhere new.
6. There's plenty of New York native dishes that simply won't taste better anywhere but here within state lines.
From Buffalo's wings to pizza and bagels that will throw any diet you ever dreamed of right out the window, there's a
of unique dishes that will only ever taste right when you're feasting on them in New York.
7. Waterfalls, waterfalls, waterfalls and more waterfalls with a side of gorgeous gorges.
When we hear about other states having a sadly seldom amount of waterfalls, it breaks our hearts. No matter where you call home in New York, almost all of our residents are always within a relatively short distance from unbelievable waterfalls and breathtaking gorges that we couldn't imagine living without!
8. Our iconic landmarks and historic sites will blow your mind and fascinate you.
9. There's nothing like the scenery you'll find at our magnificent beaches.
The historic Gold Coast of Long Island is one that seems as though it were pulled out of a movie.
10. And you can't forget about all of our splendid lakes that are amazing to check out all year long.
Whether you're cooling off in the water or ice skating across them once they've frozen over, there's always a good excuse to take a trip out to the lake!
11. No need to travel far for a romantic getaway, we have plenty right here in New York!
Who said it has to be an anniversary or romantic holiday in order for you to take a dreamy getaway with a loved one? All
around New York
you can find a variety of locations that are perfect for a weekend away.
12. Shopping? We've got you covered! Try seeing how many hours you can spend strolling through one of our enormous malls.
Never taken the time to shop inside of a mall that's over
two million square feet in size? Then it's time you spoil yourself with a trip to Syracuse's massive Destiny USA mall, also still referred to as the Carousel Center by many of our residents who have long been shopping here.
13. Some of our country's oldest and greatest attractions can be found right here in our home state!
Once you realize how many of our country's
fall within our state lines, you may be blown away. From America's oldest winery to our country's oldest outdoor attraction that will bring out the explorer in you, there's so much to keep you busy while you're living in New York!
What’s your favorite part about living in New York? If you’re looking for a way a fun way to take a trip around our state, then take on this
Christmas Lights Road Trip That’s Nothing Short Of Magical!