New York August 27, 2016
11 Reasons Why Small Town New York Is Actually The Best Place To Grow Up
If we’re not debating about what areas of New York belong to which region, we’re discussing where we all think the best place to live in the Empire State is. While we’re all a bit bias to wherever we’ve grown up and lived the longest, there’s simply no denying that all across the board (and state) there’s no place better to live than our small towns.
Forever missing them terribly when we move away, here’s 11 reasons why small town New York is absolutely the best place to grow up.
1. Because our backyard is what out-of-towners dream of.
There's no need to spend a ton of money of vacations when we have the luxury of scenic adventures right in our very own fingertips!
2. We're more appreciative of Mother Nature and wildlife because we're constantly surrounded by them!
You won't catch us disrespecting our surroundings! We love our furry friends and take care of our natural spaces.
3. You grow up with a true understanding of community.
A value that many grow up without nowadays, we appreciate everything that it takes to make our small communities so amazing.
4. And you're also raised to know the value of hard work.
Living in a small town means we often have to get things done ourselves, more than the average resident. And we quickly grow to love it!
5. You can almost always walk to everywhere you need to go.
Whether you walk with your own two feet or hop on your bike, you can get to almost all of your favorite places without getting into your car.
6. And the best rule you'll come to live by is that a little dirt never hurt!
We know that having real fun often involves getting a little bit messy, we're not afraid to get our feet wet!
7. There's a pretty good chance that your parent's best friends are the parents of
your best friend.
Is there anything greater than seeing your kids become friends with your best friends children? Not really.
8. Our small towns are full of history and in result, we're quite knowledgable!
Who needs a textbook when you have your local next door neighbor historian to tell you all that you need to know?
9. Because we have the luxury of smiling and waving to everyone we know without receiving a dirty look in exchange.
Step outside our small towns and you'll often find that our residents aren't
quite as friendly. Say hello and strike up a conversation with any one of our small town folk and you'll surprisingly be greeted with a friendly response in return!
10. Growing up here means we know all the best secret spots... and no we're not sharing!
If we happen to bring you to one of our secret locations, mums the word!
11. Forget big-box stores, we're walking down to the corner to our favorite mom & pop shop!
Much more convenient and much more friendly!
Do you have something that you especially miss once you move away from your small town home? If you want to see some of our favorites, then check out the
Ultimate New York Small Towns Road Trip That Everyone Should Take!