New York May 28, 2016
13 Images People From New York Will Immediately Recognize
When it comes to the upper right hand corner of the United States, New York is one of the most well known and talked about states. Our state is filled with highly sought after cities and outdoor destinations that have become quite iconic over the years. As residents, we like to think we know all there is to know about our beautiful state, but are you ready to test your skills? Eyes open wide and brain at the ready, let’s see if you can recognize these 13 images from all around our state!
1. Every state tends to have one beautiful and iconic lighthouse that they're known for, do you recognize ours?
Out on Long Island where you're constantly surrounded by magical scenery, you'll find our wonderful Montauk Point Light.
2. This uniquely shaped and eye-catching building is one of our most famous museums. Can you recognize it?
It's the Corning Museum of Glass! Located in Corning, New York of course.
3. Big city and bright lights, you know this one!
Even if you don't enjoy the Big Apple, almost all of our residents can say that they've visited this spot at least once. It's Times Square!
4. Sure, most of the time waterfalls can be hard to recognize, but not this one!
Can you tell from this little glimpse what waterfalls we're looking at? It's Niagara Falls, of course!
5. This one doesn't just apply to New Yorkers, anyone within our country should be able to recognize this island!
Our favorite lady next to Mother Nature, the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island is one of the most recognizable spots in America!
6. Visible from afar, out-of-towners would never guess what this one recognizable attraction is!
Sure you can see the name written across the large lawn from a great distance, but it's the Tudor Style building that really catches your eye. It's Howe Caverns!
7. One of our favorite islands. We'll give you a hint, that's a castle you're seeing so brightly lit up!
Did you guess it? It's Boldt Castle on Heart Island!
8. There's no other ridge in New York like this one.
Commonly called "The Gunks," pictured above you can see our beautiful Shawangunk Ridge Region!
9. A view your legs won't let you ever forget...
Hundreds of stairs over just a couple mile span? Anyone who has visited this spot surely will know what they're looking at, but even if you haven't visited this spot you should be able to recognize it! It's the waterfalls of Watkins Glen State Park!
10. We have so many beautiful and iconic bridges within New York, but this one almost anyone can recognize!
A great spot to bring your camera, it's the Brooklyn Bridge!
11. One of the most iconic spots in the Capital Region, can you recognize this plaza?
If you can't recognize this plaza, then the large round-shaped building on the right should at least look familiar. It's the Empire State Plaza featuring our favorite Egg!
12. A waterfall that has managed to find itself in a more urban setting, do you know what we're looking at?
Don't strain yourself! These are the High Falls of Rochester.
13. A spot that will give you an unforgettable stay, do you know what we're looking at?
Upscale and full of adventure, this Mohonk Mountain House is unforgettable!
Were you able to recognize all the places on this list? Share with us at Only In New York which spots you didn’t recognize or images you think should’ve made the list!