New York March 18, 2020
Here Are 7 Signs You Have Spent Way Too Much Time In New York
Whether you’ve always called the Empire State your home or you’ve recently transplanted here, it’s always relatively easy to spot a New Yorker out in the wild. Sometimes if you find yourself around someone that’s not from the Northeast, all it will take is the sound of your New York accent to let the room know where you’re from, while other times it’s not as easy for outsiders to put their finger on exactly where you’re from. If you’ve ever wondered what the telltale signs are that highlight how much of a New Yorker you are, then check out our list below.
1. You assume that everywhere you ever visit will have just as many waterfalls as New York does.
With hundreds upon hundreds of waterfalls scattered throughout each one of New York's beautiful regions, you may find yourself in complete shock to learn that some states don't even have
2. You also assume that you'll always be just a quick, scenic drive away from the mountains.
With both of our beautiful Adirondack and Catskill Mountain ranges here in New York State, you might just find yourself speechless when visiting one of America's more flat states.
3. You expect to always be just a quick drive away from the ocean or a lakefront.
With more miles of oceanic coatline than you'll ever know what to do with and more lakes than you'll ever have time to visit, it's hard to imagine not always being near the waterfront.
4. And wrapping your mind around the idea of land-locked state is next to impossible.
You mean, there's no ocean anywhere near your state borders? What!
5. You become completely enraged when out-of-towners assume you're from New York City.
Is there anything worse than telling someone that you're from New York and they respond with "New York City?", sigh.
6. You find yourself constantly craving the best of the best foods, like bagels, pizza, and wings.
We can't help it, we were raised on the best stuff!
7. And you're certainly not phased by unusual eats, I mean, we grew up eating garbage plates for crying out loud!
The foods that our out-of-state-friends may find the most appalling, might just happen to be our favorite things to snack away on.
If you’re ready to fall in love with your state even more, then you’re going to love reading about these 11 Amazing Places Around New York That You Can Virtually Travel To Without Ever Leaving Your Home!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.