New York February 24, 2016
16 Ways Living In New York Ruins You For Life
As a resident of New York, it isn’t until you leave the state boundaries that you
truly realize the magical region you’re living within. From the iconic and industrial to the natural and serene, our state’s beauty and adventure is waiting just for you. Ready to be reminded of the subconsciously-bias filter our northern state has you viewing life through? Here are the 16 ways living in New York ruins your life:
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1. No matter which region of our state you live in, you're always surrounded by rich history.
Pictured above you can see Binghamton's historical Phelps Mansion Museum.
2. You won't be able to eat outside of New York without comparing everything you ingest to our savory meals.
We've put our own twist on so many tasty treats!
3. You'll have high expectations for every back road you drive on, expecting nothing but picturesque rural views the entire way.
We love seeing all the gorgeous barns and farms throughout our state.
4. Not every state has such incredibly peaceful wildlife right in their back yard!
It's hard to take a visit to our state without running into one of these furry four-legged friends.
5. There's nothing like our small towns.
Full of the kindest residents and most well-hidden gems, it's hard to replicate New York's small town charm.
6. And there's also nothing in the world quite like our Big Apple!
Known all around the globe, it's hard not to love our big city.
7. A headache is waiting for you outside of our state lines, induced heavily by trying to wrap your mind around why you would root for any team other than one of New York's!
And don't get us started on exactly
how many New York football teams we have.
8. Prepare to have your mind blown and your heart broken, going outside of New York state lines may mean that you'll no longer be able to experience
all four seasons.
Give us a moment while we pick our jaws up off the floor and find the largest box of band-aids available to repair our broken hearts. Could it really be true? As residents of the Northeast it's hard for us to imagine life without all four marvelous seasons.
9. You'll have a hard time accepting that other bodies of water just aren't quite like ours.
From our lakes and our rivers to the smallest of creeks, there's nothing like New York water!
10. Unfortunately not every state park you'll come across will be filled with luscious greenery and magical waterways.
Pictured above is one of our favorite views of New York, from Letchworth State Park!
11. You may have trouble blending in with the crowd, there's just no one like New Yorkers!
Whether you're a big city slicker or a charming rural resident, almost any time we leave our state we relatively stick out like a northern sore thumb.
12. Believe it or not, extraordinary views like this aren't available to you in just every state.
What would we do without our soaring views?
13. Expecting every state's winter months to look this, only to realize that there are millions of Americans who go the entire season without seeing a drop of snow.
But...what is winter without freezing cold temperatures and powdery snow to play in? And what are we suppose to do with our North Face jackets?
14. You'll be disappointed (to say the least) when you realize not every state has an abundance of gorgeous waterfalls like ours.
Whether we're in need of a place to cool off or just looking to enjoy a scenic view, there's almost always a beautiful waterfall just a hop and a skip away.
15. Not every state offers you the chance to see a breathtaking sunrise in the mountains.
16. And then catch an unforgettable sunset in the big city that night.
We love watching the sun use New York as its canvas, there's nothing like our colorful skies!
Want to tell us how New York has “ruined” you? Find us on our Facebook Page,
New York Only and share with us some of the reasons why you’re proud to live in the Empire State!