This 30-Minute Buffalo Sleigh Ride Takes You Through A Winter Wonderland
One of the many advantages that we have here in Buffalo is that, unlike most other areas in our state, we get to enjoy the winter weather a bit earlier than everyone else. We love watching all of our favorite attractions and destinations transform during the wintertime, bringing the city to life in a whole new way. While plenty of scenery can be seen from your car, hop out for a bit to enjoy the lovely landscape in a much more nostalgic and charming way – on a winter sleigh ride in Buffalo, NY!
When’s the last time you went for a winter sleigh ride in Buffalo, NY? Are there any other must-do winter activities in Western New York you’d like to share?
For more magical ways to enjoy this wintry season, check out how Buffalo Is Near The Country’s Most Underrated Snow Tubing Park And You’ll Want To Visit!
Winter Sleigh Ride In Buffalo, NY
Are there any other places that offer winter sleigh rides in Buffalo, NY?
There are! If you’re looking to embrace the cold weather here in our little corner of the Empire State, there’s nothing more enchanting than a winter sleigh ride. In addition to the seasonal rides offered at Kelkenberg Farm, Hidden Valley Animal Adventure also offers a winter sleigh ride. One of the coolest day trips near Buffalo, the grounds are located within some of the most stunning foliage in Western New York. If you head out in December, January, and February, you can opt for a winter tour that includes horse-drawn sleigh rides and is about as close to a real-life winter wonderland as it gets.
What are some great places for sledding near Buffalo, NY?
Looking to hit the hills on a Red Rider this winter? Here are the best places for sledding in Buffalo:
- Chestnut Ridge. Hit the toboggan trail or bring your own sled for winter fun at Chestnut Ridge, located at 6121 Chesnut Ridge Road in Orchard Park.
- Gunther’s Hill. Just a block from the center of the village of Hamburg is Gunther’s Hill, one of the best sledding spots in Western New York!
- Shakespeare Hill / Delaware Park. If your little ones are looking for a smaller hill to sled down, head to Shakespeare Hill behind the casino at Delaware Park!
- Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens. Another kid-friendly hill is located next to the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens at 2655 South Park Avenue.
- Holiday Valley Tubing Park. For a more structured sledding experience that includes epic snow tubing, too, bundle up at Holiday Valley Tubing Park, the premier place for snow tubing in Western NY!