Buffalo April 13, 2019
10 Reasons You Should Move Far Far Away From Buffalo
Let’s be real, it takes a special, specific type of person to become a true Buffalonian. With all that comes with living in the city of Buffalo, not everyone is made out to call the Queen City they’re home! If you’re wondering whether or not you should pack your bags and hit the road or dig your feet into the sand even further and call this place your forever home, see if you’re a real Buffalonian by scrolling through this list.
1. There isn't usually much to do here, so pack your bags if you're into keeping a calendar full of fun.
Need we say more?
2. Eventually, you'll grow tired of living in one of New York state's largest cities. I mean, you don't want to forget what Mother Nature is like, right?
Living in a city means that you have to give up enjoying the great outdoors, and it's not like Buffalo sits along the shores of one of America's Great Lakes or anything.
3. When your out-of-town family comes to visit you, it's not even like they'll have anywhere nice to stay.
Even if you have most of your family in the city, there's almost always someone from out of town who will come and visit you and be in need of a place to stay. What do you think is going to happen when Aunt Karen comes to visit? Do you think she'll stay in a castle-like architectural gem that was maybe even a former insane asylum? Don't kid yourself, this is Buffalo.
4. Don't go getting all your hopes up thinking that you'll be just a quick scenic drive away from some of the country's greatest natural wonders.
Again, when you're living in Buffalo - no fun will be had! It's not like you're a quick drive away from Niagara Falls or Letchworth State Park, or any other notable outdoor attraction and major natural wonder like that.
5. You'll never look at winter the same.
If you think you have any sort of idea as to what winter is like, try surviving one season of it here in the Queen City and then talk to us about what you thought you knew.
6. You won't ever be able to enjoy fall anywhere else.
Best of luck trying to enjoy the fall season and foliage anywhere else after you've been to Buffalo pal, we'll root for you.
7. There are simply too many great places to eat.
All we're saying is, how are you even going to enjoy dining anywhere near your home when all you can focus on is the fact that you have
so many options when it comes to food. I mean, the number of amazing wing joints alone will stop you in your tracks and leave you even more baffled than previously before.
8. You won't have any fun rooting for any of the local teams.
Listen, just go ahead and take a look at any of the fan of teams like the Buffalo Bills - do those guys look like fun? Spending the day with friends and family as they tailgate, celebrate, and participate in all Buffalo Bills game day activities just doesn't sound like anything that's really worth your time.
9. Buffalo's architecture will stop you in your tracks, so watch out.
Dealing with the stress of having to keep an eye on yourself is incredibly overwhelming and not worth your time at all, but this is something that comes along with living in Buffalo. When you living inside of a city that's such an architectural gem like this, you'll constantly be doing double takes and needed to watch your surroundings. Ugh!
10. The city will make you stay awhile.
If you have plans to just briefly get a taste of the city, have fun getting out of its loving and territorial claws. You may have just been planning to briefly call this place home or were just trying to drive on through, but one way or another this city will sink its hooks into you and turn you into a longtime fan. Were you even prepared for such a major transformation?
So, what do you think? Is it time to pack up your bags and move far far away from the Queen City? Tell us in the comments! 😉