New Mexico Nature November 24, 2016
15 Sites In New Mexico That Will Remind You How Stunning America Truly Is
If you travel throughout this gorgeous country, you’ll encounter just about every type of landscape imaginable. And much of that beautiful scenery can be found right here in New Mexico. These 15 spots are a few of the places that show why New Mexico lives up to its nickname as the Land of Enchantment.
1. The clear water of the Brazos River gushes through idyllic scenery as it passes through the Chama area.
2. As you cycle along the White Ridge Bike Trails, near the Ojito Wilderness, it feels like you're literally on top of the world.
3. The Gila Lower Box Canyon is an unexpectedly lush environment that is only enhanced when carpets of wildflowers bloom.
4. The rippling gypsum dunes at White Sands National Monument are almost hypnotic.
5. Seeing the rich interior of El Santuario de Chimayo only magnifies the sense of awe you feel when arriving at this place of healing.
6. Exploring the rock formations at Tent Rocks is like stepping into a fairytale.
7. New Mexico's backroads and byways often lead to hidden spots of beauty. The red of the dirt contrasted against the green land makes driving along NM-107 a pretty and serene experience.
8. Even someone with a great imagination would have trouble conjuring up caves as ornate as those in Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
9. The Sangre de Cristo Mountains around Taos are always majestic.
10. Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge is picturesque year round, but downright mesmerizing when the cranes and geese descend upon it.
11. The architecture found in New Mexico is unique within the U.S. The undulating lines and abundant use of wood is a large part of what makes the buildings here so appealing.
12. The water of Abiquiu Lake, offset against the vibrant land, makes this a truly special place.
13. You have to see Bisti Badlands first hand to believe that a place this fantastical really exists.
14. The tumbling waters of Jemez Falls makes you think that someone has breathed life into an image on a postcard.
15. The expansive view from the top of the Sandia Mountains reminds us of how large our world is and of how small we humans are.
When we’re surrounded by scenery like this on a regular basis, it’s easy to stop noticing how wondrous it is. Rediscover New Mexico’s best
natural attractions and most impressive man-made structures then tell us which places you think are the most beautiful.