New Mexico December 19, 2016
11 Undeniable Reasons Why New Mexico Will Always Be Home
Regardless of whether you were raised in New Mexico or choose to relocate here later, this is a state that takes hold of you. Even if you leave, you’ll feel an unavoidable nostalgia for the Land of Enchantment. Here are 11 reasons why New Mexico will always be home:
1. The scenery here is unparalleled.
How can your heart call anywhere else home?
2. You’ll never tire of the varied landscapes from mountains…
Not many other states offer this kind of geographical diversity.
3. New Mexico is sunny most of the year. Albuquerque residents enjoy 278 sunny days per year.
And the skies here are an intense shade of blue.
4. We do have four seasons and fall is always incredible.
The blaze of changing aspens never gets old.
5. There are plenty of open spaces where you can embrace solitude and escape for a while.
If you try living somewhere else after spending time in New Mexico, you're likely to feel hemmed in.
6. You’ll never run out of ways to enjoy the great outdoors.
We have seven national forests (some of these spill over into Arizona) and 25 wilderness areas. Hiking, mountain biking, climbing, skiing, and even rafting, are popular activities.
7. New Mexican culture is a unique blend of Native American, Spanish, Mexican, and Anglo heritages.
Spain, Mexico, and the United States have all flown flags over this land.
8. Smell is closely tied to memory so the scents of New Mexican food will always be synonymous with home.
What memory does the scent of green chile stew simmering evoke for you?
9. You may find New Mexican dishes replicated in other places but it’s just not the same.
Good luck getting real natillas in another state.
10. The weather is intense, dramatic…
…And often beautiful.
11. Each night you’re able to look at skies like this…
What makes New Mexico home for you?
If you’re considering moving to the Southwest but haven’t picked a specific state yet, see why
New Mexico Is Better Than Its Neighbors!