11 Reasons Why Everyone Should Marry A New Mexican
Marriage is a decision that determines the course of your life, hopefully for many years to come. Everyone wants to remain enchanted with the person they love. And what better way to ensure that happens than by marrying someone from the Land of Enchantment? Here are 11 reasons why everyone should marry a New Mexican:
1. We’re devoted to our families, both immediate and extended.
Our get-togethers tend to be big, boisterous, and so much fun.
2. There’ll be plenty of spice in your marriage.
And it won’t fade over time. You don’t know heat until you’ve tried our green chile stew.
3. You’ll become acquainted with New Mexican dishes.
Whether you spell it sopaipilla or sopapilla, you’ll be so glad these puffs of heaven came into your life. You’ll also sample dishes like carne adovada and discover the wonder of biscochitos.
4. Overall, New Mexicans are a straightforward bunch.
What you see is what you get and that’s a definite plus when you’re making a long-term commitment to someone.
5. Your spouse is likely to be independent and self-reliant…
Many places in New Mexico are remote and untouched by humans. Those raised here often acquire common sense and a can-do spirit.
6. …Not to mention adventurous.
The Land of Enchantment is perfect for those who like to explore.
7. We’ll show you all the best spots…
…From small towns to hidden restaurants.
8. We’ll love your pets like they’re our own.
New Mexicans have the second highest pet ownership rate in the nation.
9. We know the value of a romantic sunset.
When you grow up with a sky that blazes orange, pink, and purple most nights, you learn that simple things are often the most breathtaking.
10. When you marry to a New Mexican, you’ll stay starry-eyed.
Who wouldn’t with skies like these?
11. If you’re not already living in the Land of Enchantment, you soon will be.
New Mexicans have a built-in homing beacon. We may move away for a time but we almost always come back.
What else would you add to this list?
If you’re thinking of popping the question, here are “
The 12 Best Places In New Mexico For An Epic Wedding Proposal.”
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.