The One New Mexico State Park That Transforms Into A Winter Wonderland Each Year
With 35 state parks in New Mexico to choose from, you’re certain to find adventures for all seasons of the year. But if you’re looking for winter adventures, look no further than Hyde Memorial State Park in Santa Fe. It’s one of our favorite things to do in New Mexico in winter.
For more information about this winter destination, visit the Hyde Memorial State Park website. If you’re looking for more winter getaways in New Mexico, check out this clifftop lodge that’s the perfect winter hideaway. Or check out this site featuring more things to do in New Mexico in winter. These adventures are pure magic!
More to Explore
Winter In New Mexico
What are some of the best state parks in New Mexico to visit during the winter months?
While Hyde Memorial State Park is one of the best winter destinations in the state, here are some more state parks in New Mexico that transform into winter wonderlands:
- Elephant Butte Lake State Park, Elephant Butte
- Fenton Lake State Park, Jemez Springs
- Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park, Mesilla
- City of Rocks State Park, Faywood
- Bottomless Lakes State Park, Roswell
- Sugarite Canyon State Park, Raton
- Rio Grande Nature Center State Park, Albuquerque
- Oliver Lee Memorial State Park, Alamogordo
Check out our article to discover more about these state parks in New Mexico that are great during the winter months.
What are the best frozen waterfalls in New Mexico?
If you love chasing waterfalls in the winter months, then here are some of the best frozen waterfalls in New Mexico that belong on your list:
- Jemez Falls, Jemez Springs
- Sitting Bull Falls: Lincoln National Forest, Carlsbad
- Santa Fe River
- Jemez Soda Dam, Jemez Springs
- Soledad Canyon, Organ
- Bandelier National Monument: Lower Falls and Upper Falls
Read our article telling you more about these frozen waterfalls in New Mexico.
What are some cool winter day trip ideas in New Mexico?
Whether you’re searching for ski resorts or a horseback riding adventure, here are some of the best winter day trip ideas in New Mexico:
- Sandia Peak Tramway, Tramway Road Northeast, Albuquerque
- Ice Skating: Cloudcroft Ice Rink, Cloudcroft
- Snow Tubing: Ruidoso Winter Park, Ruidoso
- Ice Fishing Lake Maloya, Raton
- Skiing: Angel Fire Resort, Angel Fire
- Horseback Riding at Grindstone Stables, Ruidoso
- Williams Lake Trail, Taos Ski Valley
- Taos Winter Wine Festival, Taos
- Nancy Burch’s Roadrunner Tours, Angel Fire
- Hot Springs: Jemez Hot Springs, Jemez Springs
Be sure to read our article with more information about these winter day trips in New Mexico.