New Mexico April 07, 2016
13 Maps Of New Mexico That Are Just Too Perfect (And Hilarious)
There are loads of funny maps floating around online nowadays. Some are based on data while others are just created for fun. Here are 13 maps that reveal other people’s perceptions of New Mexico…and our own guilty secrets.
1. Apparently, in New Mexico, 2015 was all about Pluto.
In all fairness, its status is so in flux that it makes sense to Google it. First it was a planet. Then it was downgraded to a dwarf planet. Now, the possibility of clouds surrounding it might be enough for Pluto The Planet to make a comeback.
2. Not green chile cheeseburgers?
3. Before you groan at our clichéd search history, take a moment to look at Texas. It could be worse!
4. In China, 2014 was the year of the horse. In New Mexico, it was year of the zombie.
5. Hey, this is perfectly reasonable. Less human contact will slow the spread of infection when the zombies attack.
6. Come on, the Death Star? Just because New Mexico has the most nukes doesn't mean we'll use them.
7. That's just sad. Maybe we're so busy leading exciting lives that we need to dream about chilling on the couch?
8. Maybe we were searching for Razzie nominations.
9. Well, Allsups is pretty great.
10. This helps us to identify likeminded drinking buddies. Cheers, Utah!
11. We're also home to the best cooks.
12. This one doesn't make sense...
13. ...until you pair it with this map!
Which map is your favorite? Have you stumbled across any other amusing maps?