7 Gorgeous Frozen Waterfalls In New Mexico That Must Be Seen To Be Believed
New Mexico isn’t known for its large waterfalls but the advantage of having many smaller cascades is that in winter some of them freeze. Frozen falls are a magical sight that certainly rivals the fast-flowing water of warmer months. Come along we us as we check out these 7 frozen waterfalls that you can admire for yourself!
If you were to do a search for “frozen waterfalls near me,” this spot/one of these spots would most certainly pop up at the top of the list!
Have you ever witnessed one of New Mexico’s frozen waterfalls? Do you know of any other frozen waterfalls in New Mexico? Where do you like to spend winter in New Mexico?
For more spectacular winter images, read our previous article: “15 Times Snow Transformed New Mexico Into The Most Beautiful Scenery.”
If you’d like to explore winter hikes in and around the area, you can find some great trails by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more New Mexico adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Fun in The Land of Enchantment
Where can we go to watch sunrises in New Mexico?
- T The Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in San Antonio offers spectacular views of the refuge, especially first thing in the morning.
- he Sangre de Cristo Mountains draw folks from all over the state, particularly photographers who capture amazing sunrise shots.
- Santa Rosa Lake in Santa Rosa features dramatic sunrise colors across the water.
Read on to learn more about the many places where you can go to watch sunrises in New Mexico
Where can we find other accommodation options in New Mexico?
- The Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa Santa Ana Pueblo in Bernalillo is a luxury accommodation and one of the top hotels in New Mexico.
- The Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder in Santa Fe is popular, among other things, for its indoor as well as outdoor pools.
- Hacienda del Sol in Taos is set in an adobe home and was formerly used as a guest house for Georgia O'Keefe and other famous people.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other comfortable accommodation options in New Mexico.
Where can we find other shopping areas in New Mexico?
- The Church Street Market in Edgewood offers the best vintage shopping in New Mexico.
- The Ellis Tanner Trading Company in Gallup is billed as “a "modern-day old fashioned" trading post.”
- The Coronado Center in Albuquerque features over 150 stores and expands over one million square feet of space.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other shopping areas in New Mexico.