The Charming Village Of Capitan, New Mexico Is Picture-Perfect For A Weekend Getaway
For a fun weekend in a picturesque town, check out Capitan, New Mexico. With little cafes, restaurants, museums, and gift shops nestled in a beautiful mountain range, whether you want to spend the day in the RV, camping, shopping, or in a museum, you can have it in Capitan, a gorgeous New Mexico mountain town! Let’s explore one of the most beautiful towns in New Mexico.
Full of cute houses and little shops with rustic charm, you’ll have a relaxing vacation in a seriously underrated town. Have you visited Capitan, New Mexico? Let us know about your experiences in the comments. If you like places like this, check out these other New Mexico mountain towns.
More to Explore
Charming Towns in New Mexico
What are the most charming small towns in New Mexico?
The most charming small towns in New Mexico include:
- Pie Town. This town is aptly named and the Pie-O-Neer Homestead makes some of the best pies you’ll ever have.
- Madrid. This is an artsy town and locals from all over the state flock here for its Christmas event.
- Mosquero. This is the smallest town in the state and is a cattle ranching town with a quaint Old West style downtown.
- Pecos. This is a historic town with a Spanish mission and Pueblo mission as well as a vast, open vista that is stunning.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in New Mexico.
What are the best Wild West towns in New Mexico?
The best Wild West towns in New Mexico include:
- Mesilla. This is where Billy the Kid was sentenced to death and in 1871, a bipartisan political rally devolved into a fight that took nine lives.
- Cimarron. This was the location of the Colfax County War of 1875 between supporters of a Methodist Pastor and enforcers of the Maxwell Land Grant.
- Lincoln. This was the place where the Lincoln County War took place which included Billy the Kid.
- Shakespeare. The first residents were lured here by a con that Lee’s Peak was full of diamonds.
Find out more about the best Wild West towns in New Mexico.
What are the most peaceful towns in New Mexico?
The most peaceful towns in New Mexico include:
- Magdalena. With only 938 people, this old mining town has been transforming into an art town on the San Agustin Plains.
- Glenwood. This tiny town has a population of 143 and is a wonderful dark spot for stargazing and has wonderful hot springs.
- Cuba. This town of 731 people has a couple of amazing restaurants and is surrounded by badlands and beautiful rock formations.
- Radium Springs. This serene town is home to the Leasburg Dam State Park with its own observatory and cactus garden.
Discover more about the most peaceful towns in New Mexico.