With Attractions Galore, The Small Town Of Aztec, New Mexico Is Perfect For A Family Getaway
When planning a family getaway, it’s important to make sure there are attractions for everyone to enjoy. Some family members may like the outdoors. And others may enjoy museums. Fortunately, the small town of Aztec, New Mexico has something for everyone in your family. So check out this historic town and plan your next family trip there. Here are some amazing things to do in Aztec, New Mexico:
Are you ready to pack your bags and head to Aztec? What will be your favorite things to do in Aztec, New Mexico? Go ahead and make some memories there with your family. You won’t be disappointed. While you’re there, make sure to check out some of the amazing local hikes.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
The Best Towns in New Mexico
What are the best Wild West towns in New Mexico?
The best Wild West towns in New Mexico include:
- Lincoln. This was the place where the Lincoln County War took place which included Billy the Kid.
- Mesilla. This is where Billy the Kid was sentenced to death and in 1871, a bipartisan political rally devolved into a fight that took nine lives.
- Cimarron. This was the location of the Colfax County War of 1875 between supporters of a Methodist Pastor and enforcers of the Maxwell Land Grant.
- Shakespeare. The first residents were lured here by a con that Lee’s Peak was full of diamonds.
Find out more about the best Wild West towns in New Mexico.
What are the most charming small towns in New Mexico?
The most charming small towns in New Mexico include:
- Mosquero. This is the smallest town in the state and is a cattle ranching town with a quaint Old West style downtown.
- Pie Town. This town is aptly named and the Pie-O-Neer Homestead makes some of the best pies you’ll ever have.
- Madrid. This is an artsy town and locals from all over the state flock here for its Christmas event.
- Pecos. This is a historic town with a Spanish mission and Pueblo mission as well as a vast, open vista that is stunning.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in New Mexico.
What are the most peaceful towns in New Mexico?
The most peaceful towns in New Mexico include:
- Cuba. This town of 731 people has a couple of amazing restaurants and is surrounded by badlands and beautiful rock formations.
- Magdalena. With only 938 people, this old mining town has been transforming into an art town on the San Agustin Plains.
- Glenwood. This tiny town has a population of 143 and is a wonderful dark spot for stargazing and has wonderful hot springs.
- Radium Springs. This serene town is home to the Leasburg Dam State Park with its own observatory and cactus garden.
Discover more about the most peaceful towns in New Mexico.