12 Scenic Trails To Explore In New Mexico, One For Each Month Of The Year
Twelve months, 12 hikes, we think it’s a challenge you’ll enjoy because there are so many scenic hiking trails in New Mexico. If you are looking for a few reasons to get inspired before your next hike, you are in luck. And you are in the right place. New Mexico has some of the country’s best hiking trails, no matter the season!
These are just a few of the scenic hiking trails in New Mexico. If you complete all these hikes, you can officially call yourself a serious hiker! You are also probably geared up to keep going. Here are a few more amazing hiking trails in New Mexico with breathtaking views. Be sure to let us know which one is your favorite!
Even more scenic hiking trails in New Mexico
Where is the best hiking in New Mexico?
The best hiking in New Mexico is right under your feet. Hiking in New Mexico is an adventure in exploration so no matter what type of terrain you are looking for you’ll find it. From deep caverns, sand dune deserts, snow-covered mountains, stunning lake hikes, and even a forest of tall swaying aspens await you in New Mexico. Here are some of the best hiking trails in New Mexico to get you started:
1. Aspen Vista Trail, Santa Fe National Forest
2. Catwalk National Recreation Trail, Gila National Forest
3. Cave Creek Trail, Pecos Wilderness
4. Crater Rim Trail, Capulin Volcano National Monument
5. Dripping Springs Trail, Las Cruces
6. Fourth of July Trail, Cibola National Forest
7. Holy Ghost Creek Trail, Santa Fe National Forest
8. Junction Cave, El Malpais National Monument
Learn more about these eight hiking trails and a few more New Mexico hidden hiking gems in this article. And then set some time on your calendar to go on a hiking adventure.
What are some lesser-known state parks in New Mexico?
We’ve heard about White Sands National Park in New Mexico, but there are some amazing state parks in New Mexico that are just as beautiful. Here is a list of seven lesser-known state parks in New Mexico for your next vacation or hiking trip:
1. Bottomless Lakes State Park, Roswell, NM
2. Cimarron Canyon State Park, Eagle Nest, NM
3. Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park, Las Cruces, NM
4. Manzano Mountains State Park, Mountainair, NM
5. Morphy Lake State Park, Mora, NM
6. Sugarite Canyon State Park, Raton, NM
7. Villanueva State Park, Villanueva, NM
See photos and learn more about these beautiful state parks in New Mexico. Then lace up those boots and get out on those trails.