The Clearest Lake In New Jersey, Atsion Lake, Is Almost Too Beautiful To Be Real
There are lots of great lakes in New Jersey, which are perfect for swimming and sunbathing, but none of them are as stunning as the peaceful retreat hiding in the small town of Shamong. Located on the outskirts of Wharton State Forest, Atsion Lake won’t have the crowds of some of the state’s most popular spots like Lake Hopatcong – but that’s just because it’s one of the state’s best-kept secrets! However, it’s one secret you’ll want to be in on, and that’s because it’s one of the cleanest lakes in New Jersey. So grab your float tube, head to the lakeside, and take in all the natural beauty that one of the most elusive lakes in New Jersey has to offer.
Have you floated on the waters of Atsion Lake? If so, do you agree that it’s one of the best lakes in New Jersey? Let us know your thoughts, along with your favorite activities on the water or in the surrounding state forest. Available activities may vary with the seasons, so make sure to visit the New Jersey state website before you head to this lovely lake in New Jersey.
The must-visit lakes in New Jersey are plentiful. Lake Atsion is just the tip of the iceberg. So, when you’re ready to explore another lake in New Jersey, plan a visit to this secluded New Jersey lake.
More to Explore
Lakes In New Jersey
What are the most beautiful lakes in New Jersey?
There are several lovely lakes in New Jersey. Here are some of the most beautiful lakes in New Jersey:
- Lake Hopatcong: Lake Hopatcong, which is located in Morris and Sussex counties, is the largest lake in New Jersey. It boasts stunning views, as it’s surrounded by rolling hills. It’s ideal for various recreational activities, including boating, fishing, and swimming.
- Greenwood Lake: Straddling the border between New Jersey and New York, Greenwood Lake boasts stunning natural beauty. Surrounded by the Appalachian Mountains, it’s a tranquil oasis that’s perfect for water sports, fishing, and boating.
- Round Valley Reservoir: Nestled within Round Valley Recreation Area, Round Valley Reservoir is a serene and scenic lake. The reservoir boasts clear blue waters, which are popular for swimming, kayaking, and scuba diving.
What are the best lakes in New Jersey for swimming?
There are several lakes in New Jersey perfect for swimming, including:
- Spruce Run Recreation Area: Spruce Run Recreation Area, which is located in Hunterdon County, features an expansive reservoir with a designated swimming area. The beach is open seasonally, at which time lifeguards are on duty.
- Mountain Lake: Mountain Lake, which is tucked away in Liberty State Park, provides a serene escape - complete with a sandy beach and spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline - in an urban setting.
- Lake Marcia: Located in High Point State Park, this lovely lake offers scenic mountain and monument views.