This Open Air Train Ride In New Jersey Is A Scenic Adventure For The Whole Family
If you want to step back in time, there’s no better place to visit than Allaire State Park. Not only is this New Jersey park home to an old-fashioned village and hundreds of acres of preserved forest, but it’s also one of the only places in the state where you can take an open-air train ride on historic train cars! Kids and adults of all ages love to ride on the scenic, breezy Pine Creek Railroad, so mark your calendar, and book your trip for the Allaire State Park train in New Jersey!
Get a closer look at this wonderful park and train ride:
Visit the museum’s website for train schedules or to buy your ticket online. The New Jersey Museum of Transportation on Facebook is the best source for up-to-date information regarding regular departures and special events.
Have you ever taken a ride on the Allaire State Park train in New Jersey? Let us know how it was in the comments. I think it’s about time to pack up the car to get out and see some more amazing things to do in New Jersey.
More to Explore
Things To Do In New Jersey
What are the most unique attractions in New Jersey?
The most unique attractions in New Jersey include:
- Insectropolis. This is a museum of insects with intriguing exhibits with names like Bug University and The Mud Tube.
- Martian Landing Site. Located in West Windsor, this marker remembers the infamous 1938 radio broadcast of “War of the Worlds” that caused a massive panic.
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. This Atlantic City odditorium contains a menagerie of oddities and strangeness.
- Silverball Pinball Museum. For the price of admission, you can play all you want on over 100 pinball machines from the 1950s to the 1990s.
Find out more about the most unique attractions in New Jersey.
What are the coolest hidden gem attractions in New Jersey?
The coolest hidden gem attractions in New Jersey include:
- Tuckerton Seaport. This area spanning 40 acres has several recreated historic buildings commemorating the old maritime life.
- Popcorn Park. This is a sanctuary for exploited, abused, and elderly animals and is a great place to see exotic wildlife.
- iPlay America. This is a massive arcade with over 100,000 square feet dedicated to arcade games, laser tag, go-karts, and more.
- Sterling Hill Mining Museum. Take underground mine tours here and see all kinds of fluorescent minerals.
Find out more about the coolest hidden gem attractions in New Jersey.
What are the best bucket-list destinations in New Jersey?
The best bucket-list destinations in New Jersey include:
- The Red Mill. Located in Clinton, this beautiful place is a favorite for photographers and it also contains a museum.
- Liberty State Park. This park in Jersey City has amazing views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
- The Delaware Water Gap. This is a beautiful river with stunning waterfalls with lots of hiking trails to take it all in.
- Duke Farms. This is one of the most picturesque places in the state and has a wall of waterfalls. It’s excellent for a serene stroll.
Discover more about the best bucket-list destinations in New Jersey.