New Jersey March 21, 2016
15 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates New Jersey Can Just Shut Up
New Jersey gets a lot of (undeserved!) hate. A 2015 poll by
YouGov.com determined that New Jersey is the least liked state in the country, with about 40% of Americans having an unfavorable opinion of our state. The Jersey-haters out there have no idea what they’re missing, or just how incredible the Garden State is. Here are 15 reasons why anyone who hates New Jersey can just shut up.
1. There may not even be an America if not for New Jersey.
More Revolutionary War battles were fought here than in any other state.
2. We brought the world music legends like Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi...
Frank Sinatra, Lauryn Hill, and many more!
3. New Jersey is paving the way for a brighter future. We have more engineers and scientists per square mile than anywhere else in the world.
Not to brag, but we're pretty smart, and our state attracts the best and brightest.
5. Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, phonograph and motion picture projector in his Menlo Park, New Jersey laboratory.
Einstein also spent some time in the state, teaching at Princeton.
6. Like movies? The movie industry got its start here.
Motion pictures were made possible by Edison's inventions and the first movie studio was in West Orange.
7. What about fruits and veggies? We're called the Garden State for a reason.
We're top producers of blueberries, cranberries, peaches, and much, much more!
8. Sports fans should love New Jersey!
The first official baseball game was held in Hoboken, the first professional basketball game was played in Trenton and the first college football game was between Princeton and Rutgers.
9. Modern paleontology got its start here.
With the discovery of the Hadrosaurus in 1838, one of the most complete dinosaur skeletons ever found.
10. New Jersey is home to Asbury Park, one of the top travel destinations in the world...
According to USA Today and Travel + Leisure Magazine.
11. We are home to the nation's first shore resort.
Cape May. <3
12. Cape May is great, but all of our beaches are spectacular.
And we have some of the best water quality in the nation. Barnegat Beach is pictured.
13. In fact, our entire state is pretty beautiful.
All highways and factories? Puh-leeze! Stephens State Park is pictured.
14. When you're hating on New Jersey, you're probably using one of our inventions.
Like air conditioning, bubble wrap, band aids, tv dinners, chlorinated water and drive-in movies.
15. Saying you hate New Jersey is like saying you hate diners.
We have more diners per capita than any other place in the world. Who could hate diners?
Do you love New Jersey? What would you say to all the Jersey haters out there?