New Jersey March 29, 2016
The 14 Best Decisions You Can Make In New Jersey
There are some tough choices in life, but there are certain decisions you can make where you know you can’t go wrong. If you’re looking to survive and thrive in New Jersey, here are some of the best decisions you can make.
1. Get an E-ZPass for your car.
Life in the express lanes is so much easier.
2. If you're looking to make a quick trip, avoid travel between the hours of 7-9 am and 4-7 pm.
Oh, rush hour(s).
3. Spend some quality time down the shore.
Don't miss out on one of New Jersey's most beautiful attributes.
4. Invest in an annual state park pass.
It's $50 per vehicle for New Jersey residents, and it is worth every penny. Residents age 62 over over can obtain FREE annual passes - score!
5. Pack some Pepto if you plan on eating at one of Rutgers' Grease Trucks.
Your tummy with thank you. While many of these trucks lost their location, you can still find several around the campus and others are opening brick and mortar stores. R U Hungry?
6. Avoid those late night diner runs.
I'm only kidding. I've never regretted a late night diner run.
7. Shop at one of our fantastic farmer's markets.
We’re the Garden State. Why go to a supermarket when our local farms produce some of the best fruits and veggies around – especially tomatoes and blueberries!
8. Wake up early enough to see the sun rise.
This doesn't need to be an everyday thing, but do it at least once. Our beach sunrises can't be beat.
9. Fill up your tank before you leave the state.
We don't need to pump gas, and our prices are the cheapest around.
10. Park your car in the garage on October 30th.
Mischief Night, Goosey Night, Cabbage Night... Whatever you call it, keep your car safe from eggs.
11,. Book that summer shore house now.
It may already be too late to score the best places!
12. Avoid pizza chains like the plague.
Why buy pizza that's available anywhere when our local pizza places offer the BEST pizza around?
13. Choose a favorite casino and stick to it.
Get the players club card, too. Loyalty really pays off. You can score discounted room rates and even free nights.
14. Don't let it get to you when people say we're all highways and refineries.
We know better, and that's all that matters. This photo was snapped in Hope, New Jersey as a storm was passing through.
I doubt you’ll regret any of these. What are some other amazing decisions you can make in New Jersey?