Take A 2-Hour Drive Through New Jersey To See This Year's Beautiful Fall Colors
During fall, you’ll find vibrant reds, fiery oranges, and gorgeous golds all across New Jersey. While Northwest New Jersey will offer the best show in mid-October, most of the state will peak in the later part of the month. Additionally, the Southeast and shore regions tend to peak in early November.
If you’d like specific destinations to visit when you’re in New Jersey in the fall, check out the following two-hour road trip. We then suggest you plan to take this fall foliage drive in New Jersey between mid-October and early November. When you’re ready to explore, read on to learn more about this scenic outing.
While the driving time for this scenic trip is about two hours, feel free to spend as much or as little time as you’d like at each stop along the way. We also suggest you sneak a peek at our guide to the best road trip snacks for ideas of what to take with you on your adventure.
Since this is meant to be an easy drive, it features destinations that aren’t too far apart. Take a look at our previous coverage of the best fall destinations in New Jersey for more suggestions of where to enjoy the foliage in The Garden State.
More to Explore
Scenic Drives in New Jersey
What are some of the best scenic drives in New Jersey?
Here are some of the best scenic drives in New Jersey:
- Ocean Drive, From Ocean City To North Wildwood: During this 20-mile route, you'll get to take in water and beach views.
- Route 519, From Colesville to Rosemont: Enjoy seeing a more rural side of New Jersey when you drive along this 88-mile stretch through farm country and small towns.
- Route 521, From Montague To Hope: During this scenic drive in New Jersey, you'll get to appreciate views of lakes and other natural landscapes.
What are some fun things to do in New Jersey in the fall?
Here are some fun things to do in New Jersey in the fall:
- Take a scenic train ride: Hop on one of the many trains that chug along the state to take in fall foliage from the comfort of your seat.
- Visit a pumpkin patch: Heaven Hill Farm in New Jersey is the place to go if you'd like to check out their annual Great Pumpkin Festival.
- Go on a hike: There's nothing like listening to the sound of leaves swish as you hit a trail in the fall!