This Tiny New Hampshire Town Near The Maine Border Is Perfect For A Weekend Away
Getting away for a weekend makes a long week feel a bit more bearable. But these days planning a trip can come with more stress than the time away can alleviate. That’s why local staycations are high on our bucket list these days, especially at some charming Maine/New Hampshire border towns. Heading just a few miles away from home can often provide just the getaway we need and this town, located on the Maine/New Hampshire border is a great option. This is one of the best small towns in New Hampshire.
Take a look at how beautiful this area is in the winter:
Have you visited Errol? If so, we’d love to hear some of your must-do activities. And if you have recommendations for great places to eat, don’t forget to share! There’s nothing quite like a local meal when you’re traveling through New Hampshire. If you have any other favorite small towns in New Hampshire, let us know in the comments.
Errol isn’t the only place here that we think is worth a visit. Here are several more wonderful New Hampshire towns.
More to Explore
Wonderful Towns in New Hampshire
What are the most beautiful small towns in New Hampshire?
The most beautiful small towns in New Hampshire include:
- Meredith. Located next to Lake Winnipesaukee, this lovely town is a favorite for tourists to find some small-town charm.
- Hancock. With historical buildings and an old-fashioned covered bridge, this little town is picture-perfect.
- Portsmouth. This coastal town has lovely architecture, an active port, and great restaurants.
- Hanover. This little town is full of old brick buildings, excellent restaurants, and green hills, making it an idyllic small town.
Discover more about the most beautiful small towns in New Hampshire.
What are the quietest towns in New Hampshire?
The quietest towns in New Hampshire include:
- Gorham. This town is situated near the top of the White Mountains and is full of wildlife and rustic charm.
- Troy. Nestled at the base of Mount Monadnock, this serene little town is a place where time seems to stand still.
- Goshen. Not only is this town peaceful and quaint, but it’s also quite picturesque with old-fashioned buildings and lots of nature.
- Benton. With barely 300 people, this is a great place to get peace and quiet and enjoy the farmland and hiking trails.
Find out more about the quietest towns in New Hampshire.
What are the coolest small towns in New Hampshire?
The coolest small towns in New Hampshire include:
- Sugar Hill. While this is a tiny town, it’s gorgeous and full of beautiful flowers and fields and has a charm that’s undeniable.
- Littleton. This little town borders the Connecticut River and the Ammonoosuc River and has a candy shop with the world’s longest candy counter.
- Plymouth. This is a college town with quaint shops, old movie theaters, and tons of outdoor activities.
- Peterborough. What could be cooler than an old artist colony that’s been around since 1901?
Learn more about the coolest small towns in New Hampshire.