New Hampshire Winter December 15, 2016
by Kelly A. Burch 12 Thoughts Everyone In New Hampshire Has When Winter Is Coming
Hopefully you’re all bundled up while reading this, because here in New Hampshire we’re dealing with the coldest temperatures of the year so far. With the temperature falling and the snow flying, there’s no denying that winter is here. It comes every year, but we still all love to grumble about it. Here are 12 thoughts everyone has when the New Hampshire winter is coming.
1. "I really should have replaced these windows."
Once that cold air starts coming through drafty windows, the cost of new ones suddenly seems a lot more reasonable.
2. "All I want for Christmas is an automatic starter."
One that also clears off the car, obviously.
3. "How Will I Survive This Darkness?"
Sometimes it seems like the sun has barely come up before it's setting again.
4. "Heating this house will cost HOW much?"
No matter how you heat the house, it's expensive.
5. "The heat is NEVER going above 65."
Just put on another sweater, kids.
6. "I understand why my mother always had plastic lining the windows."
It may not look great, but anything to stop those drafts.
7. "How does everyone suddenly forget how to drive in snow over the course of the spring and summer?"
Honestly. Are they all transplants?
8. "Why do the forecasters always get snow totals wrong?"
Sometimes it seems like the more we forecast the less we get.
9. "Ski season!!!"
Time to hit the slopes!
10. "I really should have splurged on snow tires."
One skid and they suddenly seem essential.
11. "Back in my day they never cancelled school the night before."
Kids today are just too lucky!
12. "I'm moving to Florida."
Even though you know you'd never really leave.
Once you’ve finally accepted that winter is indeed here, check out these
10 picturesque trails that are perfect for winter hiking!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.