New Hampshire March 16, 2017
13 Things You Quickly Learn When You Move To New Hampshire
Life in New Hampshire is a unique experience, because our little state is unlike anywhere else in the nation. Some people are lucky enough to have been born in New Hampshire, while others are transplants. However, we all become New Hampshirites eventually. Here are 13 New Hampshire lessons you quickly learn when you move to the Granite State.
1. The seasons don't come one at a time.
We've got multiple seasons in one day here.
2. While the White Mountains get a lot of attention, the rest of the state is absolutely stunning.
You'll soon discover your favorite spot.
3. Mud is to spring what snow is to winter.
There's too much of it all together and you'll be happy to see it go.
4. For every swimming hole the tourists have discovered, there's another reserved just for the locals.
You just have to know where to look.
5. Where all the state troopers lurk in your area.
This is essential information for driving the local roads.
6. That this state loves their speed traps.
We all know a rural road that changes from a 50 mile per hour limit to a 30 with no explanation.
7. The ocean water will never, ever be warm.
It's just varying degrees of unbearable, some slightly less painful.
8. Where you can just sit behind a waterfall and think.
You'll soon have a favorite spot.
9. Where real maple syrup comes from.
Hint: Nowhere outside New Hampshire.
10. Snow tires are a necessity, not a luxury.
One winter in New Hampshire and you'll quickly understand that.
11. That Concord and Manchester suddenly seem like the big city.
And we love them for it.
12. There's always a shortcut down a backroad.
And if you get lost, at least the ride is prettier.
13. Where the best local ice cream is.
Your best bet is to try them all out.
Check out the
9 Reasons Why New Hampshire Is The Most Underrated State In The Nation.