11 Things Every New Hampshirite Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
New Hampshire is loved around the country. Many people have come here for vacations or camps that left a lasting impression, and if you’re lucky enough to grow up here, you know just how amazing the Granite State is. But there are some things that still need clearing up. Here are the 11 things every New Hampshirite wants the rest of the country to know.
1. Our state is just as awesome during the winter as it is during the summer.
.... But you might want to avoid mud season.
2. There's more to see than just the White Mountains and the Lakes Region.
The Connecticut River Valley in the west of the state is simply stunning, and so are the seacoast and the far north woods.
3. We've actually never met Adam Sandler.
Although we're sure he's very nice.
4. We're not just Massachusetts North.
As much as we like our neighbors to the south, we don't want to be them, and we definitely don't want them to move here.
5. You've got to visit our seacoast.
It may be the shortest coast in the nation, but it's stunning. You'll definitely want to get in a boat and explore the islands.
6. Maple Syrup is an art form.
Did you know there are different grades with different tastes? However, they all taste absolutely delicious at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
7. If you're coming for outdoor adventures, know your limits.
We don't want to spend our tax dollars coming to rescue you.
8. No sales tax doesn't mean tax free.
You would shudder to see our property tax bills.
9. Yes, we like to hunt.
No, we don't want to hear your judgement.
10. We don't want to hear you complain about the winter driving conditions.
We assure you, they're not as bad as ours.
11. If you're going to visit our state, please treat it well.
We take great strides to take care of our wilderness, and we want you to do the same.
Love New Hampshire? Check out these
11 facts only people from New Hampshire know to be true.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.