New Hampshire November 03, 2016
Every True New Hampshirite Has Had These 12 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
New Hampshire is a pretty unique state, so it’s no surprise that sometimes living in the Granite State brings some pretty bizarre experiences. If you’ve living in New Hampshire long enough, there’s a good chance that you’ve experienced all of these odd happenings, that only a true New Hampshire resident would understand.
1. You've bought your liquor at a highway rest area.
Gotta love those state-run liquor stores.
2. You've referred to THE lake and expected everyone to know which one you mean.
It gets even more bizarre if someone you know uses THE lake to mean somewhere different.
3. You've gotten into a serious philosophical argument over the meaning of the state motto.
And you know you were right.
4. You've been diverted to the wrong side of interstate 93 because there's so much race traffic at Loudon.
Just think of it as a chance to test your own competitive driving skills.
5. You've realized you can't buy beer at the liquor store, but you can buy it at the pharmacy.
A great state doesn't have to always make sense.
6. You've realized driving through southern New Hampshire that there are more Mass plates than New Hampshire plates.
That's what tax-free shopping will do to you.
7. You've thought it was a good idea to ski down a mountain into a pool of water.
8. You've realize you have a very low tolerance for crowds.
Our state is just so open!
9. You've scraped your windshield - with a credit card.
Or anything else you had on hand that could fight the frost.
10. You've realized that this sight makes you want to hit the brakes.
Even if you've never done anything wrong.
11. You hear gun shots when you're walking in the woods, but think nothing of it.
After all, you're wearing orange.
12. Someone from outside New Hampshire has asked if you've ever met Adam Sandler.
No. Just no.
Although New Hampshire may be odd, we love it!