New Hampshire June 19, 2017
11 Awkward Moments Every New Hampshirite Has Endured At Least Once
New Hampshire is a great place to live, but it’s not without its quirks and challenges. We bet if you live in New Hampshire you’ve experienced most of these awkward moments – and if you haven’t yet, you probably will soon.
1. Constantly having to defend your political positions.
With the first-in-the-nation primary and citizens with a diverse set of viewpoints, it can be hard to avoid politics in New Hampshire. Of course, that does come with some pretty unique access to candidates - you've probably met at least one presidential contender if you live here.
2. Getting constantly ridiculed for your outfit choices.
Sometimes you just get tired of wearing your snow jacket - or it heats up to 35 degrees in February and you're suddenly roasting. You've gotta do what you've gotta do!
3. Running into someone you saw last night when you were out in Manchvegas.
Sadly, despite the play on Las Vegas, what happens in Manchvegas doesn't stay in Manchvegas. And in a state this small, you're always likely to run into someone you'd prefer not to!
4. Having to tell a tourist that the Old Man of the Mountain tragically fell years ago.
Yes, we know you wanted to see the Old Man. But we're still mourning his collapse in 2003, so please stop bringing it up!
5. Awkward standoffs with wild animals.
If you live in New Hampshire, you've almost definitely had a large wild animal run in front of your car, come up to your house window, or bother you on a hike. Those "brake for moose" signs are no joke!
5. Explaining that Salem, NH is not where they burned the witches.
No, you're not in THAT Salem. If you're looking for a huge Halloween party, you've got to get on 93 South. But really, do you want that chaos?
7. Being unexpectedly buried in snow.
You didn't keep your house clear enough, or you made the mistake of going to sleep, and now you can't open your door. It happens to the best of us.
8. Wearing the exact same outfit as your coworker - on the same day.
In a lot of parts of New Hampshire, there aren't exactly a ton of options for shopping. That means it's dangerously easy to buy the same things as everyone you know.
9. Explaining to out-of-staters that we don't have our own major league teams, but we are huge Boston fans.
Yeah, we will be insulted if you think we are from MA, and we certainly love to hate their drivers, but we are passionate fans of their sports teams. Maybe even better fans than they are, come to think of it.
10. Getting caught in a sudden downpour.
As they say, if you don't like the weather in New England wait and hour and it'll change. Sadly, that's true if you like it too - so it's always a good idea to have an umbrella!
11. Struggling to accessorize your orange during hunting season.
If you want to go hiking in certain areas during hunting season wearing orange is a necessity. Of course, that doesn't mean it looks good on any of us.
Which of these have you experienced? Tell us in the comments!