8 Stunning New Hampshire Parks Where You Can Camp All Year-Round
As any outdoor lover knows, the fun doesn’t have to stop when the temperatures dip, or at any point during the year. From hikes through the Whites to simple trail walks in your own backyard, some might argue that things just start getting good once even winter hits in the Granite State. One of the most common misconceptions is that camping needs to end after the summer, but those who prefer sleeping under the stars will love that there are some scenic places in New Hampshire that allow camping year-round. If that’s you, check these out – no matter what time of year it might be.
Another great way to get outside if it’s the chilly time of year is by doing a hike through this Christmas tree forest. It’s both magical and active! Are there any other amazing year-round campgrounds in NH you can think of? Let us know!
More to Explore
Year Round Campgrounds in NH
- What are some excellent, year-round campgrounds in NH?
New Hampshire is an awesome state for camping, and no matter how cold it might get (or how humid, yuck), you’ll always be able to find some truly amazing campgrounds. Some of our favorite year-round campgrounds in New Hampshire include:
- Crazy Horse Campground – This awesome private campground is located right up along the border with Vermont and it’s every bit as stunningly beautiful as you’d expect.
- Israel River Campground – Rates vary throughout the season, so be sure to check with the official website before you book; this one is worth the effort, we promise!
Learn more about all the wonders and delights that Crazy Horse Campground has to offer!
- What are some other awesome places to go camping in New Hampshire?
Obviously, the short list above is nowhere near exhaustive; we can’t even try to list every single awesome campground in NH, but we can mention some of the best! Among our favorite places for camping in New Hampshire are places like:
- Lafayette Place Campground – Nestled in the White Mountains, this campground is a little piece of Heaven.
- Sugarloaf Campgrounds – We can’t get enough of this gorgeous, much-beloved campground in NH, and we think you’ll fall in love, too.
- White Lake State Park – What's better than camping? Lakeside camping.
Learn more about all the best campgrounds in New Hampshire.
- Where can I go primitive camping in New Hampshire?
Not into the glitz and glam of modern camping? Hoping to just go rough it somewhere? No worries! There are loads of primitive camping options in New Hampshire, including but not limited to:
- Mollidgewock State Park – This gorgeous, underrated New Hampshire state park is home to some of the most beautiful campsites in the state.
- Umbagog Lake State Park – These remote campsites are only accessible by boat. They are the ultimate option for being away from it all!
- 13 Falls Tentsite – This one’s only accessible via a vigorous hike. We promise it’s worth every step.
Learn more about these awesome primitive campsites in New Hampshire!