Nevada May 18, 2016
10 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Nevada Do
There are many things Nevadans do that are considered weird by most out-of-staters. However, for Nevadans, doing these things is as normal as it gets. Listed below are 10 normal things many Nevadans do that are considered weird by those who live elsewhere.
1. Many Nevadans are either obsessed with tracking down extraterrestrials...
Do aliens really exist?
2. ...or ghosts.
After all, Nevada is one of the most haunted U.S. states.
3. Nevadans are having to constantly remind others how to pronounce their state's name.
It's simple to pronounce, yet so many people find it quite difficult.
4. Trying out every buffet across the Silver State is on many Nevadans' bucket list.
With so many food choices in the Silver State, a Nevadan will never go hungry. Even the pickiest of eaters is satisfied with what they find on most menus.
5. Nevadans enjoy taking the long way home.
Do you blame them? Check out the beautiful scenery!
6. Many Nevadans either participate in or attend Burning Man.
Burning Man may be one of the most famous festivals in the world, but it's still rather strange.
7. Most Nevadans are easily irritated by tourists, and they aren't afraid of expressing it.
Sure, tourists help Nevada's economy, but sometimes enough is enough!
8. Without caring what others think, Nevadans tend to express themselves in whatever way they wish.
And why shouldn't they?
9. Many Nevadans embrace the dry heat of the desert by participating in recreational activities such as camping, hiking, etc.
Do you ever find yourself camping out in the middle of the Nevada desert?
10. Staying out all night, hitting the bars or casinos, is the typical night life for many Nevadans.
Who needs sleep anyways?
What are some other things Nevadans do that are sometimes considered weird?