Nevada November 20, 2015
15 Reasons Why Nevada Is The Most Underrated State In The U.S.
Sure, Nevada is a wonderful place to live or visit, but somehow it’s still the most underrated state in the country. People think Nevada has nothing to offer other than casinos and 24-hour wedding chapels, but the Silver State actually offers much, MUCH MORE! Listed below are 15 reasons why Nevada is the most underrated state in the country.
1. Nevada is home to Las Vegas.
The Las Vegas Strip is one of the top tourist spots in the U.S.
2. There are more mountain ranges in Nevada than any other U.S. state.
At 13,146 feet, Boundary Peak is Nevada's highest point.
3. Nevada has the most hot springs of any other U.S. state.
As a matter of fact, there are more than 300 hot springs in Nevada.
4. North America's largest alpine lake is located in Nevada.
This alpine lake is best known as Lake Tahoe, one of the most gorgeous lakes in the U.S.
5. Nevada has the best hiking spots in the U.S.
This isn't at all surprising considering Nevada is the most mountainous U.S. state.
6. No other state could put on an event as awesome as Burning Man.
Don't you agree?
7. Nevada has ghost towns galore.
Of all the ghost towns in Nevada, Rhyolite is the most popular.
8. Area 51 is located in Nevada.
Don't come too close. If you do, you'll have to deal with much more than aliens. Trust me!
9. Nevada is home to Valley of Fire State Park - one of the coolest state parks EVER!
Valley of Fire is also Nevada's oldest and largest state park.
10. Great Basin National Park, Nevada's only national park, is pretty awesome, too.
Great Basin National Park is home to the Lehman Caves and the Ancient Bristlecone Pines.
11. Nevada is the largest gold-producing U.S. state.
It's quite ironic that the Silver State produces 80% of all gold that's mined in the U.S.
12. The largest intact ichthyosaur skeleton in the U.S. was discovered in Nevada.
Remains of ichthyosaurs are on display at Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park's Fossil House.
13. Some of the best food you'll ever eat is served in Nevada.
Pictured: "Drunken Noodle Soft Shell Crab" from Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas.
14. Nevada is 1 of 7 states with no income tax.
Who doesn't love having a little extra cash?
15. Gorgeous mustangs are able to roam freely in Nevada.
Watching beautiful mustangs as they roam freely is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing sights to behold.
What are some other things that make Nevada the most underrated state in the country?