Nevada April 20, 2016
Here Are 11 Things People From Nevada Will Never Ever Admit (Out Loud)
Those who live out of state believe they have us Nevadans all figured out. But do they really? Most of them assume all Nevadans are alike. However, nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, some of the things Nevadans see and do are so out of the norm that you’ll probably never hear them admit out loud to doing them, or not doing them. Let’s take a look at 11 examples below.
1. "Nevada's dry heat is OK once you get used to it."
For some of us, yes. For most of us, we'll never get used to it.
2. "Several of us have never eaten off a buffet."
With nearly 200 buffets located throughout Nevada, it's shocking when a state resident admits to never eating off one.
3. "Not all of us are into gambling."
Many out-of-staters believe gambling is the only thing to do here in Nevada, but the Silver State offers so much more.
4. "Many of us have never seen Hoover Dam."
Hoover Dam is a National Historic Landmark that's right here in Nevada. It's also one of the world's greatest engineering projects. To have this historic landmark right here within the state, it's shocking that so many Nevada residents haven't seen it.
5. "Many Nevadans have never been to the Las Vegas Strip."
Nevada residents tend to leave the Las Vegas Strip to the tourists, but it's still an area of the state all Nevadans should visit at least once.
6. "When it comes to eating, many of us can live without Basque food."
Basque cuisine is very popular in Nevada and when a Nevadan admits to not liking it, they're usually questioned.
7. "Several Nevadans have no idea what Burning Man is all about."
Burning Man is an annual event that attracts attendees from all over the world. The fact that several Nevadans know nothing about this event is odd.
8. "Not all of us are outdoorsy."
Hiking, fishing, rock climbing, camping and biking are just a few of the outdoor activities enjoyed by Nevadans. Most out-of-staters assume all Nevadans are outdoorsy and enjoy these type of activities.
9. "Many Nevadans have never been to Lake Tahoe."
Those who have never been to Lake Tahoe are truly missing out. Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
10. "Not all of us are obsessed with tracking down evidence of extraterrestrials."
Here in Nevada, we know there aren't any aliens to track down. However, many tourists can't wait to take a drive down the Extraterrestrial Highway in hopes of catching a glimpse of an alien or two.
11. "Many of us have never watched the film Vegas Vacation."
To those Nevadans who have never watched Vegas Vacation, go rent it NOW. This film is a classic that every Nevadan should watch at least once...twice...a hundred times.
What are some other things you’ll probably never hear a Nevadan admit out loud?