Nevada December 23, 2017
11 Things No One Tells You About Surviving A Nevada Winter
Surviving a Nevada winter is not as crazy as you might think. When you have other places like Colorado and Wisconsin who get snow storms by the truck load, we’re in a pretty great position here in the Southwest part of the country. Yet, we still have a few tips that we can provide for you about surviving a Nevada winter that maybe nobody has told you before or maybe they have simply slipped your mind.
1. Sometimes it’s more the wind you need to worry about rather than the snow.
2. If you’re looking for a milder winter then head south…
3. …But if you want some of that winter magic, then you can head to places like Washoe Lake or Lake Tahoe.
4. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you should ditch the sunscreen.
5. If you’re looking for a quaint town with seasonal charm, then you might want to travel to Carson City, which can transform into a total winter dreamscape.
Sometimes the silence of the snowfall in different parts of Nevada can be the perfect amount of harmony and balance.
7. Patience is a virtue—while over 37 million people visit Nevada ever year, especially during the winter months, roads might be a bit more congested than usual.
8. If you’re looking to get away from the snow AND the large groups of people, then head to places like Laughlin or Mesquite.
9. Most of the winter storms will be reported like it’s the end of the world by the weather stations, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still be careful!
10. Always expect the unexpected when it comes to winter in Nevada.
11. Winter comes in different stages so make sure to be ready for any and all outcomes.
Care to share your own tips for surviving a Nevada winter? Add them to the comments below! Otherwise, if you’re looking for more Nevada winter fun then take a look at
13 Reasons Why Nevada May Just Be The Most Underrated Winter Destination In The Country.