Who doesn’t like antiquing? Right!? Well, for all of you who truly enjoy wandering around looking for special treasures, this is the perfect weekend itinerary if you want to check out Nevada’s best antique stores. From Carson City to Elko and many stops in between, pack up the car, rent a trailer for all of your finds, and enjoy!
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now:
If you're looking for a perfect weekend antique road trip, here it is, along with some delightful restaurants and places to stay overnight. Enjoy.
1. V & T Antiques & Liquidation, 5210 Highway 50 E., Carson City (775) 461-3250
Amazing items, great prices, and wonderful people: need I say more?
2. The Antique Mall in Mound House, 10104 US Highway 50 E., Carson City (775) 246-1618
This amazing antique mall has three owners and multiple vendors who are happy to assist you with your antiquing needs.
3. Hanifin's Art & Antiques, 210 N. Carson St., Carson City (775) 882-2880
One of Nevada's finest, this very upscale antique store is known for its rare antiques and collectible artwork.
4. Cafe at Adele's, 1112 N. Carson Street, Carson City (775) 882-3353
While in Carson City, you've got to stop in at Adele's for its amazing and unique menu, delicious food, delightful atmosphere, and wonderful, friendly service. Adele's is truly a Carson City favorite!
5. Nanny Joe's Antiques, Retro, Vintage, 955 Cornell Avenue, Lovelock (775) 722-2123
Whatever you seek (and likely many things you might not even know you've wanted) will definitely be found at this charming store in the charming town of
6. La Casita, 410 Cornell Avenue, Lovelock (775) 273-7773
Just down the road from Nanny Joe's is La Casita where you can have a delicious meal. With both American and Mexican selections (the chile rellenos are amazing!), there is bound to be something everyone will enjoy.
7. Lovelock Inn, 55 Cornell Ave., Lovelock (775) 273-2900
For a cute, comfortable, and affordable night's stay, the Lovelock Inn is the place to stay. Don't forget to try the breakfast.
8. Shabby Shanty, 178 Idaho Street, Elko (775) 340-9604
The charming Shabby Shanty carries everything from rustic glam to vintage hip and everything in between. If you are looking for unique finds, repurposed furniture or, frankly, anything else, you simply must visit this delightful store. Its extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff is waiting!
9. Chique Unique Antiques, 608 Commercial Street, Elko (775) 934-5411
For true nostalgia fans, this shop contains wonderful chic and unique furniture, home decor, handcrafted items, and a plethora of antiques. For super friendly service and amazing merchandise, come take a look!
10. The Star Hotel, 246 Silver Street, Elko (775) 738-9925
After a long day of shopping, stop by the historic Star Hotel for its amazing family-style authentic Basque food. You won't leave hungry or disappointed.
11. Kountry Porch, 142 S. Reese Street, Battle Mountain
On the way back, Battle Mountain, Winnemucca, and Reno are on the agenda.
Kountry Porch is a truly charming store specializing in antiques, home decor, primitive needfuls, refurbished furniture, and impeccable and friendly service. You can reach the fine folks here on their Facebook page.
12. The Cat's Meow, 310 S. Bridge Street, Winnemucca (775) 304-4069
The Cat's Meow is another small-town gem with a huge collection of antiques, collectibles, home decor, vintage clothing, jewelry, hand-made items, and other trinkets while being helped by its knowledgeable and friendly owner and staff.
13. The Griddle, 460 W. Winnemucca Blvd., Winnemucca (775) 623-2977
For a hearty and delicious breakfast or lunch, the Griddle is the place to go when in Winnemucca. This local landmark has been feeding the area since 1948, and they know what they're doing!
14. Virginia Street Antique Mall, 1251 S. Virginia Street, Reno (775) 324-4141
If you are looking for a huge antique mall, this is it! Expect to spend hours looking around.
15. Somewhere in Time Antique Mall, 1313 S. Virginia Street, Reno (775) 323-1515
This unique antique store has many items from collectors who are downsizing so you might locate that hard-to-find special item for which you've been searching!
There you have it: the perfect weekend itinerary for all of you treasure hunters where you can explore some of Nevada’s best antique stores. Have you been to any of these wonderful places? Would you recommend any others along this route? Please comment below.