Nevada April 04, 2016
12 Reasons To Drop Everything And Move To This One Nevada City
With a livability score of 82,
AreaVibes has recently ranked Boulder City as the #1 city in Nevada to live in. This special ranking was created by using the following criteria; number of amenities, cost of living, crime rate, education statistics, employment, housing and weather conditions. There’s no better time to move to Boulder City than right now, and here are 12 reasons why:
1. Boulder City is home to the one and only Hoover Dam.
Hoover Dam was built during the Great Depression and receives more than one million visitors each year.
2. Nevada's Boulder City is a charming, quiet community.
However, you may sometimes hear planes overhead or the occasional hot rod passing through town.
3. The income per capita in Boulder City is 30% higher than the national average.
Boulder City's income per capita is $36,354, whereas the national income per capita is $28,051.
4. Boulder City is home to beautiful parks, including its one-of-a-kind Hemenway Park.
At Hemenway Park, you'll get to see herds of bighorn sheep up close as they take refuge from the exposed desert. Address: 401 Ville Dr, Boulder City, NV 89005
5. Boulder City has a low crime rate.
The overall crime rate for Boulder City is 66% lower than the national average.
6. Nevada's Boulder City hosts many unique fairs and festivals, including the city's most popular festival "Art in the Park."
"Art in the Park" is one of the largest outdoor art festivals in the Southwest. Upcoming festival dates: October 1, 2016 - October 2, 2016
7. Boulder City residents get to enjoy the beauty of Lake Mead.
Pictured: Lake Mead National Recreation Area
8. In 2009, Money magazine ranked Boulder City 6th in its yearly list of the top 25 places to retire in the U.S.
This ranking was based on the following: affordable housing, arts and leisure, medical care and tax rates.
9. Boulder City has a lower than average commute time.
The average commute time in Boulder City is 22 minutes, whereas the national average commute time is 25 minutes.
10. In Boulder City, you'll have endless food options when it comes to dining out. If you're craving a delicious rack of ribs, you got it!
Pictured: Half Rack of Ribs with Cowboy Beans and Cornbread from Fox Smokehouse BBQ / Address: 1007 Elm St,
Unit E, Boulder City, NV 89005
Or a juicy burger...no problem!
Pictured: 9 to 5 Burger from Little City Grille / Address: 825 Nevada Hwy, Boulder City, NV 89005
11. You can expect Boulder City to have plenty of sunny weather.
The average summer temperature in Boulder City is 89 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Boulder City has a high graduation rate.
Approximately 87.6% of Boulder City residents have completed high school, and 22.2% hold a bachelors degree.
What do you think? Can you see yourself packing up and moving to Boulder City?