Nevada January 09, 2016
10 Places You’ll Recognize From Nevada That Showed Up In Famous Movies
Have you ever watched a movie and thought to yourself; “That place looks so familiar”? I find myself doing it all the time. There have been several movies filmed in Nevada, especially in and around Las Vegas. Here are 10 filming locations in Nevada you’ll probably recognize:
1. Bellagio Hotel & Casino - Ocean's Eleven (2001)
"Ocean's Eleven" has been credited with making the hotel's dancing fountains one of the nation's top tourist attractions.
2. Reno Arch - Into the Wild (2007)
While traveling north to Nevada, Alexander Supertramp enters Reno beneath the city's famous arch.
3. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino - Con Air (1997)
In Con Air, Nicolas Cage's plane clips the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's marquee guitar as he makes his landing on the Las Vegas Strip. The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is also where the Con Air film premiere took place.
4. Genoa Court House Museum - Charley Varrick (1973)
In this Walter Matthau film, Tres Cruces Western Fidelity Bank was filmed at the Genoa Court House Museum.
5. Hoover Dam - Vegas Vacation (1997)
While visiting Las Vegas, the Griswolds take a tour of Hoover Dam. Clark leaves the group after accidentally creating a leak in the dam's inside walkways and climbs to the very top of the dam to get out.
6. Emperor's Suite at Caesars Palace - Rain Man (1988)
This two-story suite, which is located inside Caesars Palace, was used in the film "Rain Man" and is one of the most expensive hotel rooms in Las Vegas.
7. Krebs-Peterson House - The Shootist (1976)
The Krebs-Peterson House, located in Carson City, was used as a boarding house in this iconic film, starring John Wayne.
8. Wild Wild West Gambling Hall & Hotel - The Hangover (2009)
This hotel location was used when the guys tracked Jade (Heather Graham) back to her apartment/room.
9. Goldfield Hotel - Vanishing Point (1971)
In Vanishing Point, the studio that Super Soul broadcasts from is filmed inside the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada.
10. Excalibur Hotel & Casino - Honeymoon in Vegas (1992)
Nicolas Cage flies over Excalibur Hotel & Casino in this blockbuster hit.
This is a short list of the many places in Nevada that have been used as filming locations. If you can think of any other filming locations in Nevada, please share them with us below!