Take A 25-Mile Drive Through Nevada To See This Year's Beautiful Fall Colors
It’s an exciting time of year for nature-loving Nevadans. For the new few weeks, our state will undergo an incredible transformation as the fall foliage begins to make an appearance. The brilliant autumn shades turn already beautiful landscapes into breathtaking scenes that are bound to leave you in awe. Simply put, seeing the state’s autumn landscapes is a must! There’s no better way to see this year’s fall colors than by embarking on this 25-mile scenic drive. This short and sweet fall foliage drive in Nevada is the perfect way to see a LOT of fall colors in just one morning or afternoon, so be sure to hit the gas on this adventure before the colors disappear.
Even this amazing video does this drive and its overlooks no justice – and it’s awesome!
What do you think? Will you be setting off on this fall foliage drive in Nevada anytime soon? Check out even more great autumn destinations with our list of places to see gorgeous fall foliage in Nevada.
More to Explore
Fall Foliage Drive in Nevada
- What is the best fall foliage drive in Nevada?
People may not necessarily equate Nevada with fall foliage, but perhaps they should – after all, like anywhere else, autumn in Nevada is a beautiful, wonderous time. What better way to enjoy it than with a scenic drive? Some of the all-time best fall foliage drives in Nevada are:
- Mt. Rose Scenic Drive – This short-and-sweet little number is an amazing way to see the incredible splashes of color on the mountainside.
- The Ruby Mountains – A drive through one of Nevada’s most beautiful mountain ranges leads to some of the downright best fall color in the state.
- Lake Tahoe Scenic Byway – We're not sure if it can get more epic than Tahoe during the fall. The colors complement the blue of the lake so perfectly.
Learn more about our favorite fall foliage drives in Nevada.
- What is it like in Nevada in the fall?
Nevada is a place that really loves its autumn – after all, it finally provides respite from the heat of the summer sun. Some must-know facts about Nevada in the fall include:
- Daily high temperatures fall from around 90 degrees to around 70 degrees.
- Nightly low temperatures fall from the 70s and into the 50s.
- November is typically the coldest month of autumn.
- Communities (and small towns especially) love coming together to celebrate the harvest season with festivals, parties, feasts, and all sorts of traditions – consider vacationing in Nevada this fall!
Learn more about autumn in Nevada.
- Where can I see beautiful fall colors in Nevada?
Nevada may not be the most tree-filled state, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t know how to do autumn right! There are hundreds of options for seeing beautiful fall colors in Nevada, such as:
- Great Basin National Park – This gorgeous slice of heaven is home to several stands of Aspen trees, all of which transform into brilliant gold in October.
- Riverview Park – This small city park in the town of Carson City is excellent for anyone who wants fall color without leaving the city.
- Windy Hill – This hike shows off some truly amazing views of Reno, and in the fall, those views are on fire!
Learn more about all the best places to see fall colors in Nevada.