Nevada February 04, 2016
15 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Nevada
Nevadans aren’t really known to brag, but sometimes we have to share how this great state has affected the rest of the country—and even the world. From well-known attractions to historic accomplishments, here are 15 things you can only brag about if you’re from Nevada:
1. When it comes to entertainment, Nevada has the rest of the nation beat.
2. Nevada has more mountain ranges than any other U.S. state.
3. Nevada is home to Hoover Dam - the largest single public works project in the history of the U.S.
4. Samuel Clemens took the penname "Mark Twain" while he was working for the "Territorial Enterprise" in Virginia City.
5. From sprawling deserts to majestic mountains, and scenic canyons to lush forests, Nevada has some of the most gorgeous scenery you'll ever see.
6. Nevada is home to some of the finest restaurants in the world. Pictured: Picasso, Las Vegas
7. Most of the largest hotels in the world are located in Las Vegas.
8. In 1859, America's largest silver deposit, the Comstock Lode, was discovered in Nevada.
9. Reno, Nevada is home to the National Automobile Museum...
10. ...and the National Bowling Stadium---the only one of its kind in the world.
11. Nevada has the BEST state parks. Pictured: Valley of Fire State Park
12. Nevada is the largest gold-producing U.S. state.
13. On March 1, 1869, Nevada was the first state to ratify the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution.
14. Nevada has more hot springs than any other U.S. state, with more than 300 naturally occurring.
15. After becoming a state in 1864, Nevada has remained one of the only states to celebrate their statehood annually. The annual Nevada Day celebration is held in Carson City on the last Friday in October.
What are some other things that give Nevada bragging rights? Let’s add to the list!