Nevada April 20, 2017
These 10 Nevada Restaurants Serve The Most Delicious Shrimp Cocktails
Who doesn’t love a shrimp cocktail? Jumbo shrimp swimming in a tangy cocktail sauce that is usually a combination of ketchup, lemon or lime zest and juice, cilantro, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce and served in an iconic glass. If there was ever a food that screamed Nevada, the shrimp cocktail is it (which is a bit strange in a landlocked state.) Nevertheless, take a look at the very best shrimp cocktails Nevada has to offer.
1. Dupar's Restaurant and Bakery (inside the Suncoast Hotel and Casino) 9090 Alta Dr., Las Vegas (702) 636-5570
With the original Las Vegas location in the Golden Gate Hotel, Dupar's - known for the quintessential Las Vegas shrimp cocktail - is now in the Suncoast Hotel and Casino on the west side of town where shrimp cocktail aficionados can get their fix.
2. Frijoles & Frescas, 4811 S. Rainbow Blvd., Las Vegas (702) 483-5399
Despite its $11.99 price tag, this is, perhaps, the very best Mexican shrimp cocktail in the state, according to Las Vegas natives and visitors alike. The rest of the menu is to die for as well.
3. Pearl Oyster Bar & Grill (inside the Silver Legacy Resort Casino), 407 N. Virginia St., Reno (775) 325-7401
Heralded as the very best shrimp cocktail in all of Reno, Pearl's has two sizes: the $1.99 smaller one and the larger $3.49 one (pictured).
4. Mariscos El Mariachi, 552 N. Eastern Ave., Las Vegas (702) 382-7444
Mariscos El Mariachi has one of the best Mexican shrimp cocktails in the state and, to make it even better, the guacamole that is served atop the cocktail is freshly made to order.
5. Lindo Michoacan - 645 Carnegie St., Henderson (702) 837-6828
Described as Bloody Mary meets gazpacho meets shrimp, Lindo Michoacan's shrimp cocktail is sublime.
6. Rick Moonen's RM Seafood (in the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino), 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas (702) 632-9300
This large, incredible dish is widely considered to be among the very best shrimp cocktails in Las Vegas - and the state.
7. Sidewalk Cafe (inside the Riverside Resort Casino), 1650 S. Casino Dr., Laughlin (702) 298-2535
Laughin residents and visitors alike rave about The Riverside Resort's amazing shrimp cocktail: quite a steal for only $3.25.
8. Beto's Mexican Food, 575 W. 5th St., Reno (775) 324-0632
Beto's Mexican shrimp cocktail is one of Reno's best. Catsup, chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, shrimp, and clam broth served in a classic cocktail glass mix to make a truly delicious appetizer. Or have a couple of them for a satisfying lunch.
9. La Mojarra Loca, 821 N. Lamb Blvd., Suite 14, Las Vegas (702) 452-5456
I honestly have no words to describe this amazing shrimp cocktail. Just stare at the hypnotizing picture.
10. Cellblock Steakhouse (in the Jailhouse Casino), 211 5th St., Ely (775) 289-3033
While it may not look like much, the shrimp cocktails at Cellblock Steakhouse feature jumbo shrimp that is amazingly fresh and flavorful for being in the middle of the desert.
There you have it, the very best shrimp cocktails across Nevada. How many of them have you tried? Did I leave your favorite off this list? Please comment below and excuse me while I run off to satisfy my own shrimp cocktail craving after writing this piece. But where to go?