Nevada July 06, 2017
21 Weird Side Effects Everyone Experiences From Growing Up In Nevada
Where you grow up significantly impacts your development and stays with you forever. It shapes your outlook, your personality, and your personal philosophy. Here in Nevada, natives have developed several weird side effects and habits that are unique to the Silver State. How many can you relate to?
1. You have learned to ignore seeing slot machines everywhere.
2. You get angry when people pay too much attention to Las Vegas. While Sin City is the state's most famous destination, there is a whole lot of Nevada out there.
3. You have developed quite a tolerance for heat. But it's a dry heat.
4. You don't blink twice when someone mentions aliens.
5. If you grew up in the southern part of the state, you are a wary driver because most people (especially tourists) in Las Vegas cannot drive.
6. You also know not to touch anything metal in your car in the summer. Or leave anything meltable inside.
7. But, if you grew up in the northern part of the state, you can drive in ANY type of weather.
8. Every rock formation is open to speculation as to what it really is.
9. You can't stand tourists. Especially those from California.
10. You give directions based on landmarks and not street names.
11. You can't enjoy a televised sporting event without wagering, thinking about wagering, or asking others about wagering.
12. You've developed a high tolerance for alcohol. With 24/7 access and lax open container laws, honestly, what else would one expect?
13. You are spoiled rotten with spectacular natural beauty.
14. You get inordinately annoyed when people mispronounce your great state's name. For the umpteenth time, it's Ne-VA-duh, NOT Ne-VAH-duh.
15. You can't get enough of the state's iconic food: the shrimp cocktail.
16. You're used to seeing a variety of, shall we say, interesting people. Especially in Las Vegas. On Fremont Street.
17. You are used to most things being larger than life.
18. You are accustomed to world-class entertainment and therefore, through no fault of your own, you have become quite an entertainment snob.
19. You have an incomparable amount of state pride.
20. You instinctively know how to play poker. And blackjack. And likely every other casino game.
21. You don't take the words "all you can eat" for granted.
Nevada is a
beautiful and historic state with much to do and those who are from the Silver State are certainly proud of it. Why would they want to be from anywhere else?